Creating a shift key for my NanoPAD?

Default Creating a shift key for my NanoPAD?

Hey guys, I'm trying to fiddle with my NanoPAD mapping, and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for how to accomplish this.

Right now I have my NanoPAD mapped keys 1-5 for hot cues 1-5 on Deck A with key 6 as pause/play, and cues 7-11 as hot cues 1-5 on Deck B with cue 12 as pause/play.

I want the X-Y pad to work as a shift key. If I hold down anywhere on the pad, it will engage "shift" mode, in which pressing keys 1-5 and 7-11 will SET hot cues instead of playing from them.

Ideas?
    Balls of Steel
    DJ/Producer
    SoundCloud | Twitter | Website

in the korg kontrol editor software, you can set the xy pad to actually output a cc number by just the touch of the pad, as well as the x parameter and the y parameter. so set that to midi note or cc number you can then use it the same way as you would a normal button.

as a side note, when using the midi learn to assign the xy "button", be careful that you do not slide your finger around the pad, as it will detect it as motion in the x direction or y direction, and assign your modifier to that movement. you can probably also de-assign the x and y movement in the kontrol editor, whch will make the xy pad act like a button whenever you touch the pad

Awesome, thanks. Now do you know how exactly to make a shift sort of button in the MIDI mapping? I could probably figure it out, but if someone already has the answer, that'd obviously be easier.
    Balls of Steel
    DJ/Producer
    SoundCloud | Twitter | Website

i personally do not know, im still using traktor 3.4

Quote Originally Posted by cielomobile View Post
    Awesome, thanks. Now do you know how exactly to make a shift sort of button in the MIDI mapping? I could probably figure it out, but if someone already has the answer, that'd obviously be easier.
    Not done it myself but i think you just assign that button to one of teh modifiers.

Then you create commands for the other buttons you want to use with shift with that modifier state as on with the command.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

i mapped this out last week, but i only used one scene, the top row was for deck a, bottom for b, and i use the first 2 pads as set/delete.

ill see what i can do when i get off work
    [ ms ]