Hybrid Setup - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hybrid Setup

Quote Originally Posted by KRU2000 View Post
    well, the research has been done; my main inclination are the allen and heath products but just thought those subjective opinions might give me a better perspective on the matter. Would it be a bad idea to get the korg zero 4? I have one available at a comfortable price in my town but it has been discontinued and I cant find out the reason why
    I didn't have any issues with mine BUT sold it mainly bc I was afraid it would not be compatible much longer. FireWire IMO is not a great source for dj type interface.
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Tech Guru

Forgot about the SC2000, it's a great little controller.

The play/cue buttons aren't the greatest, but you got everything you need with the pitch fader and nice big jog wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Forgot about the SC2000, it's a great little controller.

The play/cue buttons aren't the greatest, but you got everything you need with the pitch fader and nice big jog wheel.
    I've read that people were having issues with the play/cue buttons but I've had no problems with mine (knock wood) and I bring them with me to gigs a lot. I have just bought a hard carrying case for them so I don't knock em around so much but they've been rock solid for me so far.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Guru

I would guess that they are complaining about the feel rather than faults.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    I would guess that they are complaining about the feel rather than faults.
    No. Switches under play, cue & hotcue buttons get missaligned/bad so buttons no longer work correctly. Denon clearly has issues with switches, seen several MC6000 units with this problem also. Other than that, great unit and I would still recommend it
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Guru

I think they've fixed it though on the newer models. Not too many complaints witht he MC3000.

As far as mixers go I would get a DJM 900 if I were you.
    CDJ 2000s + DJM 2000

Check out my Mixes : Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    I think they've fixed it though on the newer models. Not too many complaints witht he MC3000.
    True.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

DJM850 for sure. Pro / will find in a lot of clubs... if not then a DJM900 or 800 will be there. Add CDJs in the future if you want

X1 mkII - You can beat match manually but if you're using traktor it looks v intuitive. I got the X1mkI and that with my DJM900 is my favourite controller way of mixing. (turntables stil being my favourite)

Launchpad / Maschine mkII

Traktor - Remix decks for live

Ableton to produce (i personally use Logic)
    Last edited by MaxOne; 07-22-2013 at 04:58 AM.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Convert

Thank you all for your input. Most times, the forums are the only way to validate information in reviews, walkthroughs, etc. I had a bit of luck this past two weeks in my search and got a great deal on pioneer gear. I bought the DJM900nx with a couple of cdjs 1000mk3 from a kid for 1500dollars, apparently he bought the gear to learn and never got around it...my guess is he needed crack money! Anyways, I guess Ill play with this for a couple of weeks and try to get my hands on one of them denons in person and see if the switch is worth it. Ill keep you posted.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast