Best Music Festival?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Schalenberg

Default Best Music Festival?

I've been to several music festivals (Ultra, Lolla, Bonnaroo), but nothing that really catered to my musical taste. Where in the US can I find a festival designated mostly to Deep/Garage/Acid House, Disco, Nu-Disco? Sure, Ultra is probably the most common answer, but that event is so commercial nowadays. Any recommendations?

Tech Guru

This. Best location, best people, best DJs. I'm hoping to make it down this year
    http://www.festivalnumber6.com/
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Tech Guru

Ah missed the US part. Still, it would be worth a visit :-)
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Schalenberg

Got so excited for a second haha. Thanks for the suggestion.

Schalenberg

I was thinking SXSW, maybe? Alot of variety, but I do see alot of my faves ending up there.

BPM festival seems like a lot of fun if you're into Minimal/Deep/Tech House, I just went to EDC Las Vegas for the first time this year and I have to say I had a really awesome time. I'm more into deep/tech/garage so as long you know what artists you're looking for it's worth going to.

Wavefront in Chicago is another fun festival that brings in a ton of underground house music, I would definitely recommend checking it out.
    ■ 2x Technics 1200 mK2 ■ Traktor Scratch ■ Kontrol s4 ■ Kontrol F1 ■ Macbook Pro ■ Sennheiser HD25 ■
    Deep House/Tech House/Garage/Trap

http://www.shambhalamusicfestival.com/

Such a sick event, cant wait 18 more days!

Tech Wizard

ELECTRIC FOREST!!! Hands down. Been to every stinkin festival in the US, a few in Canada. They know how to do it. The venue is perfect, people are amazing! Plus String Cheese jams harder than anybody ever. The EDM is Ok too

Tech Wizard

everybody roofies themselves at shambala fwiw, its different, but definately an amazing scene, maybe the canadians are just more in to ghb then us yanks

Quote Originally Posted by joediesel View Post
    everybody roofies themselves at shambala fwiw, its different, but definately an amazing scene, maybe the canadians are just more in to ghb then us yanks
    I think you hung out with the wrong crowd haha. M and K and all the hallucinogens are most popular.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast