Decribe what EDM is to you - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Mainstream house/trance/dubstep/trap etc. What you'll hear at festival mainstages.

I lurve it. All the haters can suck it.

I look at it as being this generation's version of "electronica". a meaningless, unneeded term that the media came up with because they're lazy.
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Erectile dysfunction music. The ravers know what I'm talking about. Lol
    Hahahahaha this.

I actually don't get what's so wrong with the term EDM - just because electronic music is getting popular doesn't make the term stupid. It's so much better than calling everything "techno" anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sss18734 View Post
    I use it to describe mainstream electronic music. Think the Electronic Top 40.
    seconded.

Watered down american poppy bubblegum shit obnoxious cheesy electronic music

Tech Wizard

EDM is what we in England have called dance music for the last twenty to thirty years, but those from abroad have had to rebrand it to make sense of it and make it popular.
    Don't mean to offend anyone by this, but that is what it is to me.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by boxboy View Post
    EDM is what we in England have called dance music for the last twenty to thirty years, but those from abroad have had to rebrand it to make sense of it and make it popular.
    Don't mean to offend anyone by this, but that is what it is to me.
    This too - the term seems to have been coined by our American Cousins to Differentiate between some other styles of dance music (E.g. R&B and Hip Hop)

Its a term I wont use EVER in so far as it makes no differentiation between any particular musical style.

Its a bit like throwing Rock, Acoustic, Classical, Metal, Garage, Grunge, Punk into pot and calling it "Guitar Music"

Quote Originally Posted by DJBife View Post
    Shit.

Any further questions?
    I've got a question mate.

Could you GTFO?
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

Quote Originally Posted by b1sh0p View Post
    Repetitive sounds made in poor taste for people on drugs to flail around to.
    'Made in poor taste'....are you just using big terms that you don't understand man? Hit me up on PM and I'll happily take you through some english lessons.

As for the original question, EDM is just the current genre of music that is popular with kids - everything goes in cycles, it's a form of music that is selling well, packing events and keeping the clubbing industry busy.

Anyone who doesn't understand how the music industry works has a lot to learn.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

Quote Originally Posted by MeetsMandy View Post
    I've been told that my latest mix is classed as EDM but I wouldn't class it as that at all

What are your thoughts on this?
    There is NOTHING "EDM" about your mix.

EDM to me is mainstream noise what all the kids like. These kids like Avicii, Guetta, Romero. Shit, basically.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast