MBP express card slot power LPD8

Default MBP express card slot power LPD8

Hey guys

So I've got a MBP, the last ones before the unibodies came out.

It's only got 2 USB ports. I'm really liking the look of LPD8 to control the fx and for beat juggling but i can't be dealing with a usb hub with an external power cable. too many cables!!!!

Would an express card usb adapter power my AK1? or Both the controllers? Or is there a hub without the need for an adapter?

Also, it's cool to run two controllers on traktor pro 1.1.2? Or do I need to uprgade to 1.2?

I've had a look on the other threads but can't quite work it out?

Cheers in advance
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

yes .. i have a 4 port expresscard slot .. it has an m-audio prokeys 88, a digital tv tuner, a wacom pad and upto 2 iphones hooked up to it (via another hub). all powered .. no problems.

multiple controllers work fine in 1.1.x
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Ok cool

What on a Macbook Pro though yeah? Might be different on a PC. Only i noticed this while googling the answer. I know they're talking about firewire but just wanted to check.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....sageID=9558661
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

@Lukas, what brand/type you have?
    I tried to find one with more than 2 USB ports, but it didn't have luck yet...

Rainer
    www.traktorbible.com/freaks
    The largest (and original) Traktor midi maps portal on the internet.

Tech Guru

i think that there are a couple .. actually i think most companies that offer a 2 port also offer a 4 port. i ended up buying a 4port from harma.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music