Alto powered speakers
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Alto powered speakers

Looking to see if anyone has used these ordered some to have for events where if something gets damaged its not too big of a hit on the wallet..

I actually used them over July 4th weekend...not bad at all for small gigs IMO and I'm very picky about sound.

Good to know I have 2 12s on order the 800watt ones I believe and am half tempted to gets pair of 15s also but as dont have then here yet to e confident was looking for options on sound quality. I rather enjoy powered speakers over in powered for mobile stuff wonder how their subs sound

I've had the 12"s for over a year and even after being rained on and rolled around in the bed of a truck on several occasions, they still look and work excellent. Probably the most durable out there. Combined with a minidsp and 18" subs, I have the best sounding mobile rig in the area (that I've heard).
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Good to know thanks for information

I wasn't impressed by their subs. Instead I opted for some unpowered harbingers since I had a few matching amps lying around.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Another great feature is that they are designed to be stacked and bolted together and ran in a daisy chain configuration. A few guys in my dj group also have the 12"s and when we do large venues, we'll stack them to the ceiling or lay a few on the floor for use as monitors.

Nice wonder if the twelves will stack onto the 15s although I want 2 of each to do more spaced out 2 at 25ft and 2 at 50ft

It would probably sound better if you stayed with one size. Multiple speakers will create a flatter sound and possibly even hit lower. The Altos do ok with most bass heavy music, but I would invest in subs before getting a second set. If you cross them over at 80hz you can get a much louder cleaner sound out of them before clipping and you may find that two are plenty. So my advice would be to invest subs and an active crossover.

Yeah here's how it's played out originally ordered 2 12s from a supplier we use at work... Been on order for over a month since its coming direc from manufacture I found a relatively local shop that has the 15s in stock. My thoughts were wait and see and maybe keep all 4 but likely will just get the 2 15s.

http://www.axemusic.com/store/produc...way-Crossover/ something similar to this coupled with a sub is what your suggesting instead of keeping the 2 12s?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast