Preferred RCA Cable Length?

View Poll Results: Preferred RCA Cable Length?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Under 1m

9 50.00%
  • 1m

3 16.67%
  • 1.5m

4 22.22%
  • 2m

2 11.11%
  • 3m+

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Preferred RCA Cable Length?

For the RCA cables between your audio interface/CDJs/controller/etc and your mixer, what is your preferred length of cable?
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Wizard

Under 1m.

Why? Because I only use RCA Cables to connect from the Soundcard to the mixer and I always setup the soundcard close to the mixer so I don't have a spaghetti madness on the booth.

I really don't know anything about audio signal quality regarding wire distances, but I like to believe the shortest the wire the better the signal ahah!

I Fuc''''in hate wires!

under 1m for home as i simply connect the CDJs to the mixer, i think the cables are 40-50 cm long

naturally longer ones are better for clubs, in case you need to move stuff around

Tech Guru

1.5m (or probably even 1) should be the universal size. The first pair of RCAs which I bought was 5m each. Biggest mistake of my "dj career" haha.

Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    1.5m (or probably even 1) should be the universal size. The first pair of RCAs which I bought was 5m each. Biggest mistake of my "dj career" haha.
    Haha Personally I like 1/1.5ms for my audio interconnects and then a 6m beauty for my master output, just in case I have to run a cable across the room or something.
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1

Tech Guru

That sounds perfect, yeah. Running around the house and asking all girls for hairbands shouldn't be a part of gig preparation.

Ahaha :P That's where Velcro cable ties come in handy :P I might start tossing one in with every purchase of my cables.

The original DJTT RCA's are way too short @ 1m ... the new ones are spot on at 1.5m/5ft
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    The original DJTT RCA's are way too short @ 1m ... the new ones are spot on at 1.5m/5ft
    DJTT sell RCA cables? :O I can't see them in the store anywhere... just the USB one.

I meant usb's point being i think 1.5m is spot on. i have 2 10m RCA's one for our sub and for linking up our mixers but the other 8 are all 1.5m
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast