NI Z1 & NI X1 Mk2 or Midi Fighter?

Default NI Z1 & NI X1 Mk2 or Midi Fighter?

Hello

I used to dj using 1210s and a DJM 500 mixer, I then took after break 10 years as got bored of it all.Last weekend I bought the Z1 Mixer and loved it, playing the tunes on the iPad was great fun. But then the true fun started, I bought Traktor Pro and now want to control the effects and trigger samples in a creative way. So do I buy the X1 MK2 in a few weeks? or do I grab a Midi Fighter? Im unsure on what are the benefits and drawbacks of each.

Tech Mentor

I would personally go for the X1 Mk2.

If you are finger drumming, then the Midi Fighter will be better, but other than that, the x1 has more controls and is also very intuitive. I think unless you can think of a particular reason (other than it looks sexy) then the midifighter probably isn't the choice for you.

Tech Mentor

I would go for the X1 as well. I bought 2 midifighters in the past, barely used them and sold them. I do use my X1 all the time, it has a lot more functionality for me. I am not into all the cue point jugging (unless it is on my 1200s) or effects. Most people on a dance floor don't want to hear that anyways.

Tech Wizard

I have a midifighter now and ordered the x1 mk2 to replace it. I find more reasons to run the remix decks than I do to run effects (even the awesome instant grat mapping)

Quote Originally Posted by MrHyde View Post
    I bought Traktor Pro and now want to control the effects and trigger samples in a creative way.
    The X1 gives you buttons to control play/sync/browse/load etc for 2 decks as well as some cue point buttons and effect controls, including a touch-strip which looks cool for effects.
    The midifighter was made specifically for effects and dropping samples in.

If you just want it for effects and the remix decks (samples) then the midifighter will probably be better imo, but if you need something to browse for tracks and load/play them, as well as having good control over effects then the X1 is by far the better choice. (imo)
    SC | MC