[Please help!] Maschine "mutes" all other sound

Default [Please help!] Maschine "mutes" all other sound

Hey everyone.
    I got my maschine today, and in order to learn it, i need to watch videos while i experiment, but i can't since all my other programs can't play sound when i open Maschine. I am aware this has something to do with my soundcard not being able to give sound to more than one program (which is weird, since i normally can listen to iTunes and watch a youtube video at the same time..), but does anyone know how to fix this? I don't really want to buy a new soundcard and I don't have the money either, since i just spent all my money on the Maschine (i'm 16).

Any help is appreciated
    Thanks in advance!

- A desperate person who just bought his beloved Maschine!
    Traktor Pro 2 - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Maschine MK2 Black - Dell Studio 17" - Ableton Live 8

watch the video on your phone or just go old fashioned and take actual notes with an actual pen and paper.

maschine can be daunting for some but really ultimately the only way to wrap your head around something is to just fuck up till it makes sense to you. no better way to learn then simple trial and error.

Tech Mentor

Try setting your dell default soundcard as the S4 and the maschine soundcard as the S4. That works fine for me (although on IOS).

Quote Originally Posted by dfinch805 View Post
    Try setting your dell default soundcard as the S4 and the maschine soundcard as the S4. That works fine for me (although on IOS).
    maschine has no soundcard bud.

this does bring up the question to the op, are you using the s4 as a soundcard?
    if so the problem is is you have to go to the laptops settings and change the out put to the s4 instead of the built in card. i dont have an s4 so i dont know first hand how many outputs it has available but youll have to set it to your main out

Well this is weird. I changed the soundcard in Maschine to "Wasapi (shared) which is my computer's soundcard and now i could play all other sound.. and the quality didn't change one bit!

But thanks for the replies guys
    Traktor Pro 2 - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Maschine MK2 Black - Dell Studio 17" - Ableton Live 8