Good usb controller to start on?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Good usb controller to start on?

Ive been messing around and having fun using traktor and virtual dj just on my laptop. I am interested in buying an external usb controller. What is a good controller to start off on that is relatively cheap? thanks.

i started with a bcd 3000, which is pretty cheap and has a 2out inbuilt soundcard, so you don´t have to purchase a external soundcard to prelisten. after almost a year using it, i sold it, cause imo it`s too plastic and the jogs are kinda useless..

and welcome to the forum..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

what do you consider relatively cheap? I started on a vci-100. I use an NS7 now. There are a plethora of inexpensive controllers out there. You could use something as basic as the Korg nanopads.
    Numark NS7 | Asus U81A - C2D 2.1ghz 4gb 320gb | Serato Itch | Traktor Pro | Homework Help

Tech Guru

BCD 3000 FO SHO, but if you got the cash and plan on mixing in a club, jump right into the VCI 100.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

just get a vci-100. you'll love it!

if you get a bcd 3000 you will either: love mixing and realise you need something better - ie a vci-100 then have to sell the bcd for half what you paid for it and then buy a vci.

or buy a vci-100 now, realise you aren't that into mixing and sell it for about what you paid for it.

or most likely, buy a vci-100, love it and never look back and find yourself playing a 4 hour set at Space in Ibiza in 6 months time ;-)

you will need a soundcard too though... audio 2 dj by NI all the way :-)
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Actually on reflection id say get an M-Audio XSession Pro for a basic controller and a Native Instruments Audio 2DJ for an interface.

some one on another thread was asking and i reckon that is a good way to go. an xseesion pro will probably hold it's value and the audio2dj will last you forever probably.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

thanks for all the input. went to my local dj shop and they had a numark m1usb on sale so i decided to pick it up cause it has all the basic functions. this should last me for a little while. ill keep practicing and save up then ill make another trip out there for the vci 100.

bcd3k! i use it...and i love it. i will surely upgrade but for now it fits my needs. i´m using it with a nanokontrol for efx´s and. the soundcard is also okay. i used the bcd in a club fitted for 700people and the sound was good.... so if u have the chance to shoot a cheap one from ebay do it. (by the way always search for wrong written stuff...i got it from ebay for 35€ cause it was written "bcd300" so i was the only one ) go for it!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Numark Stealth Control. And the audio 2 dj. It's a solid controller and "relatively cheap"

I got a vci 100 in mint condition for sale if you want to make me a decent offer. I bought a vci 100se and need to get rid of my vci 100. you can always buy the firmware tools from this site and update it to the vci 100 se firmware.

also I will include the Nio 2|4 soundcard with the sale http://www.novationmusic.com/products/nio_2_4?option=2
    Last edited by DOWN|3E4T; 09-23-2009 at 02:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast