this girl is pretty awesome - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    You know I spend like 90% of my time challenging that point
    One of the very few. I actually really liked her CDJ routine.

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    I don't know why everyone is hating on her.

Everyone here talks as if they're the greatest judges of who can DJ and who can't DJ. If I had to guess, it's because she plays mainstream EDM, and according to DJTT Forums, anyone who plays mainstream EDM is a shitty DJ because it takes no skill.
    You know how I know you're still bitter about my thread? Because no one mentioned anything about EDM or mainstream or anything what so ever in this specific thread and you're still talking about it.

Edit/
    Last edited by Kwal; 07-24-2013 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Meh

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    You know how I know you're still bitter about my thread? Because no one mentioned anything about EDM or mainstream or anything what so ever in this specific thread and you're still talking about it.
    Did you watch her routine? All the songs were mainstream EDM, and DJTT has a tendency to bash anyone who DJs mainstream EDM. I'm not bitter, I just think all of you guys need to get off your high horses and accept that there are lots of different ways to DJ, not just what YOU think is good DJing.

Tech Guru

I don't know why everyone is hating on her.

Everyone here talks as if they're the greatest judges of who can DJ and who can't DJ. If I had to guess, it's because she plays mainstream EDM, and according to DJTT Forums, anyone who plays mainstream EDM is a shitty DJ because it takes no skill.
    I think it's rather because of the way she's behaving and the fact that some people think that women are overrated as DJs.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    I think it's rather because of the way she's behaving and the fact that some people think that women are overrated as DJs.
    I don't get how you can say that. How often do you see female DJs? How often are the critiqued here? There's nothing to suggest that women are overrated as DJs. If anything, this is just pure sexist belief that females can't DJ. Implying that she's overrated because she's a pretty DJ is an awfully big assumption to make.

Watch her other videos. She clearly can DJ.

Did you watch her routine? All the songs were mainstream EDM, and DJTT has a tendency to bash anyone who DJs mainstream EDM. I'm not bitter, I just think all of you guys need to get off your high horses and accept that there are lots of different ways to DJ, not just what YOU think is good DJing.
    Honestly it was just pretty easy egging you on, not gonna lie.

Tech Mentor

She's got skills, but somebody please teach that girl how to dance.

Tech Guru

I don't get how you can say that. How often do you see female DJs? How often are the critiqued here? There's nothing to suggest that women are overrated as DJs. If anything, this is just pure sexist belief that females can't DJ. Implying that she's overrated because she's a pretty DJ is an awfully big assumption to make.

Watch her other videos. She clearly can DJ.
    I said that SOME PEOPLE think that, not me. I already said in the topic that she's good.

get that sand out of your..

I love this place because everyone is a massive artist who has enough experience and success to judge other DJs

I love this place because little things like how someone dances whilst playing warrants a post to moan about

I love this place because whilst sitting there at work, or at home, something inside you triggers to put down anyone who is doing anything better than you

DJTT, a place we call home.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast