Pitch Looping or Plooping
    Tech Wizard

Default Pitch Looping or Plooping

I watched DJ Shiftee's video and I was excited to map it. The problem is I'm not sure what to map it since Traktor Pro 2.6.2 doesn't have the same options. I'm just wondering how all the other ploopers out there do it!

Tech Wizard

I have buttons on my keyboard mapped to set a loop and buttons for inc, dec loop value. All you need from there are two more buttons with three mappings each:

Mode Selector > Loop Out
    Size Selector > Ultrafine
    Move > One button for forward and one button for backward.

Set your loop down to 1/32 then play with those two buttons.

From there you can get creative and do other things. For instance, I use a knob to sweep the "Key" while triggering a beatslicer (In single mode: Button 2 On, Knob 2 set to S4 and Knob 3 set to P3 is an example of a preset I like to use). This will take your rough pseudo-synth sound and make it into a pitched/patterned loop....I arbitrarily called this KeBlooping (Key + Beatslicer + Plooping). I usually filter that loop or put an event horizon on it so I can keep it going in the background without it sounding too harsh or jarring in a mix, but those are just some examples of what you can do...good to just experiment and see what you come up with/what sounds good to YOU.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

NI took half fun out of plooping in 2.5... Yeah, you can still use same concepts for this technique that everybody are used to but it's just not as ultra-fine as it sounded before.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    NI took half fun out of plooping in 2.5... Yeah, you can still use same concepts for this technique that everybody are used to but it's just not as ultra-fine as it sounded before.
    What did they do? Mess with sound quality or something?
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs