Low volume on mixer faders - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Schalenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Volpe View Post
    I own a xone 92 myself and really dont see any problems with the fader curve. However, there are tutorials on youtube on how you can change it. I think one of them is from my hero trevor nygaard
    I'll check out some tutorials later. But honestly, I don't know what more I can do at this point. I messed around with every single knob on the mixer and nothing helped. It's strange since I tested it beforehand and didn't have this issue.

It's just the way the fader curve is on Xone mixers. Get used to it, it's not that hard

I really would refrain from altering your mixer to change the fader curve - which, as mentioned, is apparently possible. But that will only lead to trouble if you ever play out on an unmodified 92
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Schalenberg

It's irking me since this isn't my first xone 92, and never had this problem. I also have a friend who's a resident DJ at a club with the 92. He doesn't have this problem either. The only thing I can think of is that at the same time I got the mixer, I changed the power surge. That seems pretty unlikely though.

How could you not have had the problem? All unmodded Xone 92's == Logarithmic fader curve with gain on the fader.

Edit: Thread on 62/92 fader curves, with confirmation from A&H.
    wavemusic.com
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Schalenberg

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    It's just the way the fader curve is on Xone mixers. Get used to it, it's not that hard

I really would refrain from altering your mixer to change the fader curve - which, as mentioned, is apparently possible. But that will only lead to trouble if you ever play out on an unmodified 92
    I just switched from a DB2 to the 92. Didn't have this issue at all with the DB2.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by nudedudewithattitude View Post
    I just switched from a DB2 to the 92. Didn't have this issue at all with the DB2.

Thats because it isn't an issue
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II
    http://www.mixcloud.com/_volpe/

Quote Originally Posted by nudedudewithattitude View Post
    It's irking me since this isn't my first xone 92, and never had this problem.
    If it feels different to the other then perhaps the fader curve has been modified on this one (or more likely the other) - I think you can do it internally...?

I always use the gain/trim whatever the mixer so have never noticed it, but I haven't used a 92 that often tbh matey.
    SC | MC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12