Behringer cmd studio 4a VS Traktor kontrol s2
    Tech Convert

Default Behringer cmd studio 4a VS Traktor kontrol s2

Hi everyone,

I know another question of the same type but I'm new on this forum and I've been reading at the forum and different threads and different articles on internet but I can't really make up my mind.

I'm new at DJing and so far I'm only mixing on my iPad with DJay (now with DJay2) but I wanna swap to my laptop and I only have the free version of virtual DJ that I used a little with a mouse.
    I know buy buying the S2 I will have the Traktor software and buy buying the Studio A4 I will have the Serato software but like I said I'm knew and I would like something easy to learn and start with, but good enough to last me for a few years and I will still learn on it. It's only a hobby and I really wanna learn.
    Could I use one of this controllers on the iPad too or I will need to get another one?
    Which software will be easier to use (I don't care about scratching for now) for mixing and easy to understand.
    What controller would make more sense to get for someone who never used one before. I know they are pretty similar that's why I can't make my mind.
    I'm knew in this business and I don't really wanna spend too much money to start and learn, I will spend more with the time.

Thanks for reading and your replies, I appreciate

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolo View Post
    Hi everyone,

I know buy buying the S2 I will have the Traktor software and buy buying the Studio A4 I will have the Serato software.
    No you won't, you will have deckadance though.

Personally given a choice of the two - with the S4 @ 599 now its a VERY solid choice, you get FULL version of traktor (unlike the lite version of decadence) 4 channel control, and better integration IMHO with the software.

That said it IS $300 more than the CMD, so its down to what you can afford to invest in to begin with.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    No you won't, you will have deckadance though.

Personally given a choice of the two - with the S4 @ 599 now its a VERY solid choice, you get FULL version of traktor (unlike the lite version of decadence) 4 channel control, and better integration IMHO with the software.

That said it IS $300 more than the CMD, so its down to what you can afford to invest in to begin with.
    *Edit Apologies I thought it had said S4 before not S2 .. in which case I'd go with the Behringer, (I like the underdog getting a chance), however would prefer a traktor licence (which you can pick up for $40 in the buy and sell area).

I'd personally go with the S2, you're going to be getting a much more solid product with more durability and Traktor software is better than Deckadance I'd imagine.

Tech Convert

Thanks guys for your help, I'm still thinking. Anyone else could give me his opinion please?
    Thanks

I'd go S2 for HID jogs. My S2 feels better than my pl1... Jogs feel a lot better
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Convert

Thanks for the interest, I made my mind and I will get the S2

And an addition to that traktor is a pretty solid software. Alot of cool features that you wont get bored of very easily and i'd say its not the most newbie friendly software out there but as long as you understand the basic concept of djing you wont have any problems with it

Just my 2 cents
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2