Car stereo suggestions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Car stereo suggestions?

slightly OT, I know - but also not at all.

i'm looking to spend $600 or so on a new system, but I'm completely lost. I haven't been in touch with car audio in a long time.

def need a sub - bass!

anybody have suggestions? I'd really appreciate it!

Tech Convert

Definitely go with an Alpine Type-R. 12" is great, but 10" does just fine. I usually pair it with a Rockford Fosgate amp since I often find them for a reasonable price.

Pioneer decks aren't top of the line but last forever. I prefer USB connectivity in the back so I can drop the cable into the glove box and plug in a usb stick.

Interior speakers will obviously depend on how much $ you have left.

I haven't done a car system for about 10 years but when I did I always used Rockford Fosgate subs:
    http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...s.aspx?catid=4

They are quite expensive but if you make your own box from mdf it's not too bad.

There's probably newer brands now as well, maybe cheaper - I'm going back to when I had a Nova GTE lol
    SC | MC

^quality subs right there. Known a few people that swore by rockford fosgate.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Convert

Don't discredit Alpine because the sub is named Type R. There is also a Type S if you're looking to save, both are high quality.

I always bought Alpine head units and loved em, never tried the subs but I'm sure they're good.
    SC | MC

what kind of car? getting a head unit also? amp and sub? I was Rockford Fosgate RTTI certified and also Clifford alarm certified...let me know if you need help...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

I always used Clarion head units and Alpine speakers. Personally I actually preferred the Type S' sound to the Type Rs. Their component speakers are also fantastic.

Looking at the new range of Clarion stuff, I'd personally be tempted to seek out a second hand older model; the quality on their previous ranges were second to none.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

I have competed in many spl comps, and if u want some serious bass you can't go passed the Orion hcca series. But I think they. Will be out of ur price range, lol. The alpinesare are beastly, I had twin 15s a little while ago and managed to break my passenger window at 23hz.
    For amps, aslng as it is a class d mono black for your sub u will be fine, and remember to always overpower your subs, that way you will get the most out of them, just don't put it in the reds and you will be fine.
    For you mids and hi, I personally think splits sound better, but have a listen around, these are usually up to personal taste though. Personally I like the vibe audio splits,

Alpine type r sub and a hifonics amp 1500 rms with type r components and co axils in the back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast