How to go about Modifiers
    Tech Mentor

Default How to go about Modifiers

Hi,

I will get my teeth in this later on this week but wnated to know if any1 to help me with a jump start.
    2 Question :

How do I go about having a Modifier that work in toggle mode, so I could just press a button/ knob/ fader and still have both hands to work onother stuff ... i.e. not having to hold the Modier button... imagine for instance having a controller all mapped for decks a and B, and by pressing a button/ Knob FAder, having the same controllers but now for Decks A & B ...
    I can't seem to find the toggle option for Modifiers with the new Traktor 1.2

How can I have the same control (say a Button) have more than 3 diferent funtions?? Right now I know how to set it up for :

funtion one - modifier 1 value 0, modifier 2 value 0

funtion two - modifier 1 value 1, modifier 2 value 0

funtion Three - modifier 1 value 1, modifier 2 value 1

Thank you in advance,

Z

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Just make 2 mappings for the button you want to toggle.

One sets the M1 to lets say 1, if the modifier condition M1 is 0 applies
    Another one sets M1 to 0 if the modifier condition M1 is 1 applies

How can I have the same control (say a Button) have more than 3 diferent funtions?? Right now I know how to set it up for :

funtion one - modifier 1 value 0, modifier 2 value 0

funtion two - modifier 1 value 1, modifier 2 value 0

funtion Three - modifier 1 value 1, modifier 2 value 1
    I don't get what you mean
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Tech Mentor

hey, Thanks for answering... I'm not quite sure I did understand your answer but it turns out the Modifier thing is lot's simpler than what I initially though, so for future reference and for other people having the same probs here goes.

Just add Modifier one as many time as needed (up to 8 keys/ knobs per each modifier, only after using all the 8 values to modifier one you should move to modifier #2) but each time with a different value...

Mod 1 - X Key - action Hold Value=1
    Mod 1 - Y Key - action Hold Value=2
    Mod 1 - z Key - action Hold Value=3

How can I have the same control (say a Button) have more than 3 different functions?? Setup example

function one - modifier 1 value 0 (this should be what you want to happen if no Mod. Buttons are pressed at the same time)

funtion two - modifier 1 value 1 - Acts when X key is pressed and hold in conjuntion

funtion Three - modifier 1 value 2 - Acts when Y key is pressed and hold in conjuntion

funtion Four - modifier 1 value 3 - Acts when Z key is pressed and hold in conjuntion

For the other part of the question...

You can simulate the toggle MODIFIER key by using a knob or fader in Hold mode.

Z

Tech Wizard

Hi,

Im having similar issues here.. let me explain my issues...

In 1.1 I had the following setup:
    I had the "<", "z" and "x" to the modifier 1 with values 0,1 and 2. These modifiers helped me to:

mod 1 val 0: use the VCI to control decks a and b
    mod 1 val 1: use the VCI to control decks c and d
    mod 1 val 2: use the VCI to control decks c and d while using external mode for TSP

in 1.2, I try now to use the top 3 left buttons on the VCI100 (next to the 4 mini buttons) as modifiers to do the same stuff as before but... NO LUCK!

How do you suggest I can achieve this setup in 1.2?

Many thanks...
    MacBook Pro late 2009 3.06ghz, 4GB RAM, 500gb HD @ 7200 RPM, Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 6, VCI 100, Audio 8 DJ

Tech Mentor

export yer midi settings as a backup, after that delete yer mappings, now do a new mapping with only one button/ fader that you want to use with a triple function...
    add the modifiers and give it a try... with only a few assigns it should be easier to debug!

Check with something like MIdi Monitor app what type of messages...

so far as I know there is no way to toogle a button... You could use a fader but assign as if it as a button. this will sort of emulate the toogle function!

Please higher minds of TT can you let us know how to use a button with toggle !!!

Z

Also depending on how you import yer MIditech you might loose or not the modifiers!

Tech Wizard

That's exactly the issue.. I cant seem to engage toggles and the way I had my old 1.1 MUST use toggles.

Hope somebody can shed some light on this issue...
    MacBook Pro late 2009 3.06ghz, 4GB RAM, 500gb HD @ 7200 RPM, Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 6, VCI 100, Audio 8 DJ

Tech Mentor

you can set up modifier toggles its really easy!

Ean wrote an article on his blogs about it.

Heres how mine look:

Modifier 8: Global Next M8=0
    Modifier 8: Global Previous M8=1

Have those mapped to the same button and whoila its a toggle for your modifier.
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

Tech Wizard

Global modifiers dont work with 1.2.1 anymore. That's what cracked my tsi, and cant find a proper toggle solution / multiple decks arrangement for my VCI.

Thanks animus that worked a treat!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

duhhhh ... I had this quick tutorial by Ean but had totally forgotten about it
    Thanks Animus!

To all others...

http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/12/2...ore-controlls/

and finally toggle mods ...

http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/03/2...ini-modifiers/

Z