whats the easiest EASIEST way to mix? Serato live, Abelton live, or Trakator???
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default whats the easiest EASIEST way to mix? Serato live, Abelton live, or Trakator???

My question is, whats is the ABSOLUTE COMPLETELY EASIEST E A S I E S T way to mix? haha

Would you say serato live, Abelton live or Trakator? Im speaking for someone who is a 100% a complete beginner, not concerned with being a "great DJ" just wanting to be able to hardly get by with mixing?? Literally wanting to cheat with hardly mixing. haha thanks.

I am in a DJ duo thats fairly popular and plays alot of gigs, where my partner does all of the mixing and I'm the selector and the MC/hypeman, but I travel alot on business (as where he doesn't). So when I'm out of town on business friends in whatever city I'm in always ask if I want to jump on a set...which I could never do because my partner does all of the actual mixing, but it would be fun to be able to jump on sets while out of town by myself, so I'm really not trying to be amazing at mixing, just not enough to get by rocking a party. So yeah, whats the easiest easiest software/hardware to cheat at mixing?? thanks alot guys

iTunes and a whistle
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

I don't really think that there's a real "easiest" option right there, they all serve different purposes. Serato would be more DVS-oriented, for use with timecode, in my opinion, while Traktor is more for use with controllers.

I'd suggest to try them all a bit, get to know them and see what fits your needs best.

Anything made by Kenwood.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Haha this question is asking for a lot of trouble.

To be honest though, from my experience if you plan out a set and know what tracks you are going to play, Traktor is as easy as any to DJ with. Just play with it for a day or 2 and you should be able to 'cheat' through a gig.

Tech Wizard

Your pretty much spitting in the face of everyone here by asking that question. I suggest you stay off the stage until you can actually devote time to learning how to play.

mixmiester is pretty bloody easy, it has great bpm detection and you can use controllers to affect the eq, volume, effects and looping. You could probably even change the position of the tracks on the grid. Numark also released a dedicated controller for the software.

Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bears'N'Backpacks View Post
    Your pretty much spitting in the face of everyone here by asking that question. I suggest you stay off the stage until you can actually devote time to learning how to play.
    This.

By taking gigs and "cheating" you're stealing work from people who can actually do the job and deserve to do it.

Also, you select the tunes, but your partner does the mixing. What?

so what you do is take one tune and let it play (but only the best part of the tune) then take another and right when the first ends press play on the second then take the first and spin the record backward as hard as you can while at the same time fading to the second. then just repeat.

be sure to keep all the levels in the red (the people dancing are not having a good time if its not).

be sure to spill beer on the decks at-least once a gig (its considered bad etiquette not to spill beer on other peoples dj gear).

make sure to play every tune ANYONE requests the and the drunker they are the faster you should play it, i would go so far as to say if the requester can hardly stand or talk immediately use the above mixxing technique to mix in there tune.

be sure to bring a air horn and a few dozen glow sticks (make sure to leave the glow sticks in there bags but pre crack them about 5 hours before giving any of them out.)

refer to all male patrons as "bro" and all female patrons as "bitch" "ho" or "slut".

ware a track suite and a backwards ballcap in disorientating bright neon colors.

o and one last thing, try not to feed the trolls
    Last edited by typeomega; 07-29-2013 at 05:36 AM.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    Also, you select the tunes, but your partner does the mixing. What?
    This is a very traditional way of DJing. The DJ very rarely chose the music, the 'Selector' chose it and the DJ played it.
    Although I doubt that they are doing it in that way to be like a genuine soundsystem, sounds to like they are just f*cking around.

Buy MiThe easiest way of mixing is by using Mixmiester . http://www.mixmeister.com/

As said just buy mixmiester .

Now, there's your answer, I guess you don't need us anymore?

Should I close this thread?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast