anyone having problems with Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.3?
    Banned

Default anyone having problems with Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.3?

I'm asking cuz 2.6.2 had alot of crashes & audio drop outs so I reverted back to 2.6.1.. I just saw they updated it to 2.6.3.. I guess they saw that problem to updating it not even a month after they put out 2.6.2.. any feedback or other info would be useful, thanks

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The 2.6.3 update was to bring in support for the X1mk2.
    Did you file a crash log with NI.

2.6.1, 2.6.2, 2.6.3 neither should crash and neither is more or less stable than the other.

You need to file crash logs as soon as you have them.

Banned

hmmm... I never filed a crashlog & dont even know the 1st step in doimng so, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    The 2.6.3 update was to bring in support for the X1mk2.
    Did you file a crash log with NI.

2.6.1, 2.6.2, 2.6.3 neither should crash and neither is more or less stable than the other.

You need to file crash logs as soon as you have them.

Well, NI can tell you a lot about your system and why it crashes (sometimes) from your crash logs especially if you do 'extended logging'.

Tech Wizard

Karlos, not sure if you or anyone else would have an answer to this, but one thing I noticed after upgrading to 2.6.2 is that my keyboard shortcuts seem to be acting funny. Any command I have set with the "auto-repeat" function on has a tendency to get "stuck". For instance if I scroll down my library, it will get stuck and keep scrolling indefinitely even after I let go of the key on my keyboard. Subsequently, the only way to make traktor stop scrolling is to go into the controller manager and untick "auto-repeat".

This issue popped up out of the blue with 2.6.2 and I had hoped 2.6.3 would fix it, but unfortunately not.

i am having an odd problem with my 2.6.2 to 2.6.3 update.
    i went to do a live broadcast this past weekend and noticed
    DECK A output was lower than DECK B
    i had to twist that gain up quite a bit to match
    infact what i did to level things was to play the same track on both decks.

on my soundcard setting for Taktor, there is no "BALANCE" setting or left right setting.
    output is always matched from the PC, its only on the Traktor hardware settings can i adjust left and right higher or lower via the gains or sliders.

Not sure what happened there

Banned

do you have the auto-gain turned on? that helps alot when djing to make the levels equal
    Quote Originally Posted by antifmradio View Post
    i am having an odd problem with my 2.6.2 to 2.6.3 update.
    i went to do a live broadcast this past weekend and noticed
    DECK A output was lower than DECK B
    i had to twist that gain up quite a bit to match
    infact what i did to level things was to play the same track on both decks.

on my soundcard setting for Taktor, there is no "BALANCE" setting or left right setting.
    output is always matched from the PC, its only on the Traktor hardware settings can i adjust left and right higher or lower via the gains or sliders.

Not sure what happened there

Quote Originally Posted by djtrouble View Post
    do you have the auto-gain turned on? that helps alot when djing to make the levels equal
    yes absolutely. i never turn it off

Quote Originally Posted by rafiq View Post
    Karlos, not sure if you or anyone else would have an answer to this, but one thing I noticed after upgrading to 2.6.2 is that my keyboard shortcuts seem to be acting funny. Any command I have set with the "auto-repeat" function on has a tendency to get "stuck". For instance if I scroll down my library, it will get stuck and keep scrolling indefinitely even after I let go of the key on my keyboard. Subsequently, the only way to make traktor stop scrolling is to go into the controller manager and untick "auto-repeat".

This issue popped up out of the blue with 2.6.2 and I had hoped 2.6.3 would fix it, but unfortunately not.
    I havent noticed it myself but I can take a look to see if there any other users reporting this.