Can anyone give advice on writing a letter/message asking for DJing spot/residency? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am enjoying this lesson to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    I am enjoying this lesson to be honest.
    lol I'm glad man. I am definitely willing to share knowledge with anyone who will listen. I have tried to share good lessons with some younger dj's im my city but they really weren't interested. The quickest route to spraying champagne on an audience is really all they were looking for.

But in my opinion being a good dj, is about other things like
    - being professional
    - being respected in the community
    - being reliable
    - being a good businessman.

With a little charisma and some practice you can get any gig you want. When a club owner calls me to play, he knows I'm gonna show up on time, play good music, not get wasted drunk and that i'm gonna be friendly to the patrons.

I have more stuff to share (as I am making a lifelong sutdy of "Social Engeneering" or how to influence people (for good).

All in good time

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    lol I'm glad man. I am definitely willing to share knowledge with anyone who will listen. I have tried to share good lessons with some younger dj's im my city but they really weren't interested. The quickest route to spraying champagne on an audience is really all they were looking for.

But in my opinion being a good dj, is about other things like
    - being professional
    - being respected in the community
    - being reliable
    - being a good businessman.

With a little charisma and some practice you can get any gig you want. When a club owner calls me to play, he knows I'm gonna show up on time, play good music, not get wasted drunk and that i'm gonna be friendly to the patrons.

I have more stuff to share (as I am making a lifelong sutdy of "Social Engeneering" or how to influence people (for good).

All in good time
    That's awesome dude, this has been an issue for me since I'm still trying to build my name. I'm just thirsty for more in a sense.... But the way you describe it in is the exact route I'm trying to take, no bullshit, nothing silly, and purely professional. All of that "act like a pro" stuff is natural to me mainly because of my real life job, I just need people to start noticing it

That's awesome dude, this has been an issue for me since I'm still trying to build my name. I'm just thirsty for more in a sense.... But the way you describe it in is the exact route I'm trying to take, no bullshit, nothing silly, and purely professional. All of that "act like a pro" stuff is natural to me mainly because of my real life job, I just need people to start noticing it
    Also people need to remember whether your a dj or whatever you do in life. You are going to hear ALOT of no's before you start hearing yes's. Persistence is key!

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    Also people need to remember whether your a dj or whatever you do in life. You are going to hear ALOT of no's before you start hearing yes's. Persistence is key!
    Worse things can happen than being told no. It's a way of life.

Worse things can happen than being told no. It's a way of life.
    True fact!

And thanks for everyone's advice, much help!
    | HP Laptop | Traktor Pro | Denon DN-MC6000 | Akai MPD24 & LPD18 | Pioneer HDJ-1500 | AKG K181 | 2x Stanton C.324 |

Good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12