Ending a DJ set?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ending a DJ set?

How do you end a set? I've seen Steve Angello, Tommy Trash, all big name DJ's use this effect where you loop the end of a track and shorten the loop gradually and then it ends on a big 'boom' sounding and that's how they end their set? Does anyone know what it's called or how to do it?

Just like how you describe it. You loop it and make the loop smaller until its a high pitch sound. Maybe modulate the filter or pitch then launch an explosion sample. Unless this is a troll post.

You only need an ending like that if you're the last DJ playing. Usually you want to play a track that's close to the style of the next DJ playing after you.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Mentor

With this.

Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

I turn the dry/wet all the way down on the appropriate effect bank, then turn the delay and reverb parameters to max (I use the effects in simple mode.), as the song or phrase I have selected to finish with comes to conclusion I slowly tease up the dry/wet knob and A) either let the song play out or B) stop the song at an appropriate time. This creates a nice effect that really slowly trails off and if you (with a medium-slow speed) turn the reverb down it creates a kind of cool pitching up effect.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Killer last track, and let it play out the way it was made to be.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

That sound is them using the Roll effect then gradually shotening the length of it over time.
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Killer last track, and let it play out the way it was made to be.
    I'm going with this

Tech Mentor

I quite like to finish with Mark Summers - Summers Magic and the end of Ice Cube's - Better off dead sample

Tech Guru

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast