Sharing vci-400 traktor mappings
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Sharing vci-400 traktor mappings

I can't find a single mapping for my new vestax 400 that isn't bugged. I know the official mapping for the EGE edition (oh if only I could have afforded that one instead) don't work with the stock 400, but do any of the other mappings in the midimaps section for the EGE edition work with stock. i really would like to be able to use my shiny new controller, but right now it's a paper weight until I can find a mapping that works.

I tried to fix some of them I download and traktor midi mapping is way over my head, not a noob to midi, but wow this stuff was more than I could handle.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

How's official .tsi of the Vestax site work for ya?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    How's official .tsi of the Vestax site work for ya?
    pretty badly. I mean 4 buttons on the performance pad are wasted on clearing cues, why do you need 4 buttons for clearing cue points, wtf is that about. and the entire bottom row of six buttons under each jog wheel are wasted completely on nothing.

it sucks because that's the only mapping I've found that's not buggy and broken....but it's a horrible mapping.

What's so shocking is the controller is laid out with a pretty obvious way of mapping it, but the official mapping is just all over the place.
    Last edited by Slag; 09-23-2013 at 04:46 PM.

That sounds terrible! Maybe we should create a forum mapping and support this controller with working tool.

You in to learn?

I don't have this controller to fully express it's potential but if you can get some basics on using learn function and adding commands I can give you a next hint.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    That sounds terrible! Maybe we should create a forum mapping and support this controller with working tool.

You in to learn?

I don't have this controller to fully express it's potential but if you can get some basics on using learn function and adding commands I can give you a next hint.

yeah it really is terrible. Like whoever made it never actually used a controller or even saw it.

I would definitely be up for that. I am really wanting to learn how to do traktor midi mappings because I like tweaking the way my gear works in ableton and figured this will be the next adventure.

Right now I'm deconstructing other peoples mappings to try and figure out some basics. but I can tell it's going to be a steep learning curve.

It might take me a while to get a basic mapping put together for the obvious pieces and then can I post questions for you to look at?

Thank you.

Your best bet is to start one from scratch. Fully map the mixer, then FX sections and by that time possibly get to map decks more easily than tweaking other mappings at this point. Let me know when you have the first edit to post, if default mapping is that bad and you really can't find other people mappings fully operational I'm sure more guys would follow this thread and also do some testing till the mapping is perfect.

Tech Wizard

This thread has attracted my interest. I'm currently about halfway through making a mapping for mine. I want to use one of the banks for the performance pads for jogFX selection like on the EGE but I'm hella n00by so I can't get the modifiers to work how I want them to..

Tech Wizard

Thank you for your support stewe, it's nice to have a master mapper offering help.

I'm glad you suggested to start with the mixer. I did, and it helped me learn a lot starting there since that's pretty straight forward. I then moved onto the browser functions to try using a modifier, and got it to work how i wanted after a while as well.

I'm going to move onto the effects section next. then probably post what i have after that because the next sections are probably where I'll have questions.

my overall plan is to make a pretty standard layout, using the 4x2 grid above the jog wheels as cue points. the bottom row under the jogs as sample decks/remix decks triggers.

The end goal is to have the pads above the jog wheels have 4 different modes like in their serato mapping. but first I want to get a stable stock, single mode mapping done to build off of.

Thanks for joining the discussion as well tropikel. I'm glad I'm not the only one in this boat with the 400.

Tech Wizard

Hey there,
    I am also not satisfied with the official VCI-400 mapping, so I'm working on my own. It is constantly changing and not even close to be finished, but it can already be used to play out. The download link is below, so you can get a first look.
    The mapping is based on the official mapping, but has some notable features:
    - mixer section for decks C&D has been remapped to control FX decks 3&4 (since I usually play two decks, but with a modifier it can be switched to control the normal mixer stuff)
    - jopwheels behaving like in the official mapping, but with two additonal shift buttons (right below the jogs) which allow to control FX decks 3&4 (delay feels so smooth, man) and browse through songs and the folder tree
    - the two pad sections have 4 performance modes inspired by the EGE, but working a little different. these are the coolest part of my mapping, since it gives you 8 different pad modes. Right now, I have worked out 4 modes, but there are more to come and I'm constantly messing around with them. I named one mode the flux-masher: it activates 1/1, 1/2, 1/4 and 1/8 loops on pressing a button, which gives you some kind of beatmasher, when flux mode is enabled. Sounds awesome! Two other modes are loading and controlling FX (atm it's ramp delay and T3 delay): every effect has four buttons which enable that certain effect and have different parameters
    - some other small things like flux buttons, several shift layers, unactivated crossfader (can be activated though with the same modifier that enables mixer mode for deck C&D and I have plans to let it also control FX)

http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/86734593/file.html

As I said it's work in progress and this mapping is completely trimmed for my needs and playstyle, so it might be hard to get used to some stuff. Here's also an old (!) picture which doesn't display everything and might even be wrong in some cases. It's just to give you an idea of how the mapping works.

Tech Wizard

Thank you much for sharing your mapping! I really like how you have it set up. I'm glad we got this thread rolling. Although we probably should just make a new thread called since the title doesn't exactly convey what it's become and might be hard for new people to find it. I may do that later and then if you don't mind repost in there.

btw, i'm going to dig through your mapping to see how you got it to work that way, it's pretty awesome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast