Controlling Traktor Pro channel volume sliders on a keyboard
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Controlling Traktor Pro channel volume sliders on a keyboard

Hi there

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I've looked extensively online, on the Native Instruments site, and various forums, and wondered if anyone could help.

I've been using Traktor Pro on a Mac for a while, and wanted to know if there's any way I can control the separate channel faders using hotkeys on my keyboard? Using a mouse doesn't allow me to control both at the same time, I can't find any default keys to do so, and can't work out how to map the controls in the settings.

Before you mention it, yes, I'm waiting to get a controller, but have a gig in a few days, and would really appreciate any constructive assistance!

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRavenSable View Post
    Hi there

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I've looked extensively online, on the Native Instruments site, and various forums, and wondered if anyone could help.

I've been using Traktor Pro on a Mac for a while, and wanted to know if there's any way I can control the separate channel faders using hotkeys on my keyboard? Using a mouse doesn't allow me to control both at the same time, I can't find any default keys to do so, and can't work out how to map the controls in the settings.

Before you mention it, yes, I'm waiting to get a controller, but have a gig in a few days, and would really appreciate any constructive assistance!

Thanks in advance.
    See my recent post and the helpful answer. It should help you too.

Tech Convert

Default re: Keyboard mapping volume control

Hi there,

Did you ever find an answer to your question?

Im seeking the same info!

Regards

Barnie

You can map the keyboard to your liking, no problem.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by holmefield View Post
    See my recent post and the helpful answer. It should help you too.
    Hmm. Think I get it, I'll have a play with it, and see if I can get it working. To be honest, I ended up using Traktor DJ on the iPad during my gig, and found it much easier.

Tech Convert

Default Traktor Mapping Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRavenSable View Post
    Hi there

Thanks in advance.
    In your situation I would go buy a mouse. I dont think a wireless mouse is the way to go though. You should get an infrared mouse with a usb cable. I make all my mixtapes in traktor internal mode with no headphones or equipment..

Set up your tracks so they are beat gridded perfectly and place cue points in the right places. If you want to get technical you could use load markers. W is play on left deck and S is play on the right.

I have mine setup in a way that i could activate cruise mode and not have to worry about mixing anything at all (apart from slight eq'ing) so long as you have playlists organised. I recommened Beatsync instead of tempo sync. And i take snap mode off as it can be annoying. Quant mode is useful.

Any questions feel free to ask, but be sure to look up the traktor key board map in google or somewhere. That will help you more. although its easier to use your mouse quickly (you can also use the roller). Keyboard mapping is overwheling at first, so I prefered to leave it a while until I slowly got to grips with which button does what.

Good Luck!

Tech Mentor

like Jester wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    You can map the keyboard to your liking, no problem.

remap your keyboard tsi in the controller manager:

map two keyboard buttons to each fader.
    one for volume up button and one for volume down.
    check autorepeat in the keyboard mapping and the velocity.
    so holding the button will smoothly move the faders.

for example:

F is volume fader deck A for moving up
    V is volume fader deck A for moving down

H is volume fader deck B for moving up
    N is volume fader deck B for moving down

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

Tech Convert

Found this post from awhile back -- i have a related question.

I use the Delay T3 effect a lot. I set it up with the filter at 50%, no feedback, and with ~35ms delay time. So its a quick, sharp echoing that i use for 1-2 seconds at a time. I have mapped a button on my Denon MC2000 controller to enable the effect--while i hold the button down, the effect is enabled, otherwise it is off. This part works beautifully.

The problem: When the delay effect is turned on, there is a notable increase in volume. This probably has to do with exactly how i'm using the effect (i accept all blame for using the effect in such a weird way).

My idea was to map the same button (the one i use to enable the effect) to temporarily adjust the deck volume (say, to 85%). So, while i hold down the button, the effect is on AND the volume is turned down a bit. As soon as the button is released, the effect is off and the volume returns to 100%.

But, unlike for the effects buttons, there is no HOLD option for the volume adjust control. I can use the button to set the volume, increase it by an increment, decrease it, or reset. So i can set the volume to 85% when i turn the effect on, but then i have to manually adjust it back.

Does anyone know a workaround?

EDIT
    In the meantime, my (kludgey) solution is to actually use two buttons that happen to be right next to each other. I enable the effect using the first button, which also sets the volume at 85%. I then disable the effect with the second, which returns the volume to 100%. I'm still looking for a single-button solution!
    Last edited by nconaway; 10-17-2015 at 01:11 AM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nconaway View Post
    Found this post from awhile back -- i have a related question.

I use the Delay T3 effect a lot. I set it up with the filter at 50%, no feedback, and with ~35ms delay time. So its a quick, sharp echoing that i use for 1-2 seconds at a time. I have mapped a button on my Denon MC2000 controller to enable the effect--while i hold the button down, the effect is enabled, otherwise it is off. This part works beautifully.

The problem: When the delay effect is turned on, there is a notable increase in volume. This probably has to do with exactly how i'm using the effect (i accept all blame for using the effect in such a weird way).

My idea was to map the same button (the one i use to enable the effect) to temporarily adjust the deck volume (say, to 85%). So, while i hold down the button, the effect is on AND the volume is turned down a bit. As soon as the button is released, the effect is off and the volume returns to 100%.

But, unlike for the effects buttons, there is no HOLD option for the volume adjust control. I can use the button to set the volume, increase it by an increment, decrease it, or reset. So i can set the volume to 85% when i turn the effect on, but then i have to manually adjust it back.

Does anyone know a workaround?

EDIT
    In the meantime, my (kludgey) solution is to actually use two buttons that happen to be right next to each other. I enable the effect using the first button, which also sets the volume at 85%. I then disable the effect with the second, which returns the volume to 100%. I'm still looking for a single-button solution!
    Check the "Invert" in the button options for the second command

Tech Convert

Cool

@Stewe, thanks for the response! That worked quite nicely. Here's what i did:

I have two mappings for the button. First, one to set volume to 100%, with 'invert' checked. Second, one to set volume to 85%, without invert checked. The button acts exactly as planned now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast