Pa Speaker Problem (for all the Speaker Gurus , Please help )
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pa Speaker Problem (for all the Speaker Gurus , Please help )

To start of their 15 audio pipe wood cabinet speakers, i have the problem that all the bass is coming from the back and not from the front were people are going to hear and experience the music . The speaker has a little wear and tear on the surface mostly paint scratches but NOTHING huge like a pice off wood pilling off, the case still strong and rugged, But Back to main Subject Do you guys have any idea why the bass is coming from the back of the speaker , iam guessing is from bad design of the speakers. heres a link to the exact speakers

(http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-AUDIOPIP...-/300796634146)
    I Would Love your guys help and ideas!

Eduardo Vivas

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Sounds like your speakers have bass reflex tunnels in the back? You can still hear all the main power in the front?

Im pretty positive its just the speakers. Its an amplified cabinet speaker. Look at the Mackie thump 15". The bass will be more prominent and upfront. Your real problem is the lack of sub tho.

probably because they are slightly in front of you when your playing. you can always "feel" the bass more when your standing behind a mid range speaker vs being in front of it. I had this problem for a while, i was behind some huge speakers and i kept thinking i had to cut my bass eq because it was too harsh. turns out when i listened to it from the front it was normal. And also the reflex port is probably on the back (poor engineering) so your feeling more sound pressure.

Tech Mentor

I think the real problem is that those speakers don't know what "bass" is.

In all seriousness, keep in mind that sub-100hz frequencies aren't very directional. So when you move behind the speaker, the bass stays relatively the same, while the mids and highs are reduced drastically... Which gives you the impression of having more bass behind the speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by sss18734 View Post
    I think the real problem is that those speakers don't know what "bass" is.

In all seriousness, keep in mind that sub-100hz frequencies aren't very directional. So when you move behind the speaker, the bass stays relatively the same, while the mids and highs are reduced drastically... Which gives you the impression of having more bass behind the speaker.
    this is what i was fumbling around to say.... lol

but it got me thinking. about cheap speakers (not budget, im talking cheap) like these would do for a small house party. they can really only sound "so" bad...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PYLE-PPHP123...00796634146%26

no it doesnt have nothing in the back just the Speakon speaker jack inputs on back with 1/4 inputs and i don't know what you mean by hearing the main power in the front but if i turn the volume all the way up (With Out Music) i will eventually hear a buzz.

Yea The Speaker them self are decent but like am a one man mobile disco. i want to get rid of bringing a 18' sub because of the pain it is to carry subs around and since am in a tight on money right now am trying to work with what i got for now.

Yes I know What You mean aha, You got to force your self to not turn the EQ . Before i didn't Knew i would wonder why people don't dance and it was the lack of good sound.But yes am alway aware of that now i Go to the dance floor a few times during the gig to see if people are getting the best music expirience AS POSSIBLE

Good Point. But why us it that all the bass goes out the back not the front. i would love your feed back , am some what new to the Pa speaker world

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast