Tarekith's Transforming Traktor Table - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

The Timeline is my favorite delay at the moment, that's not going anywhere. I'm thinking about using it as a looper with the new Electribe when that arrives, allowing me to transition between patterns smoothly

The S8 is great, I'm really impressed. Here's my reviews so I don't have to re-type it all:

http://innerportalstudio.com/ni-traktor-s8-review/

http://innerportalstudio.com/ni-traktor-review-part-2/

You have until probably Mid-January for sending me tracks for mastering, then I have to shut the studio down for a couple months while my gear is shipped to Luxembourg. Hopefully I'll be back up and running shortly after that. Just a heads up.

I think about the simplest/cleanest I could get right now would be putting my speakers on stands (though I also want to upgrade and add a sub), running cables into the table, and cleaning up or hiding the snake's nest underneath it...all of which are planned once I either convince a friend to help me or go buy a jigsaw.

The big question is whether to have the stands attach to the desk or be free standing. I like the look/function of the later even if it's more expensive, but I'm not totally convinced about the safety of putting 5-foot-tall speaker stands on carpet in an apartment with two cats and a dog. The cats tend to climb up on my speakers while I'm playing. If my KRKs die...whatever. If it happens after I upgrade, I'd be pissed.

I looked up those speakers, and...yeah...I'd hope they sound good. I'd love to hear them if we're ever within a thousand miles of each other.

Also...how's the lynx?

I personally would want the speakers to be free of the desk, less weight to worry about and you don't get as bad of comb filtering off the desk. Though as you say, daredevil cats probably changes the equation some.

The Hilo is great, like a digital swiss army knife, and it never has any issues. Probably one of the best bits of gear I've bought, though I am starting to think about options to possible add more inputs for the computer too. We'll see.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456