Beat Grids (The new Pioneer CDJ2000 / Traktor)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Beat Grids (The new Pioneer CDJ2000 / Traktor)

Just reading some info on the new Pioneer CDJ2000 and its 'record box' software..

I hope N.I develop something similar for Traktor!!??

"Beatgrid – Utilizing the new Quantizing feature, cue points and loops can be set perfectly on-beat. The Quantize feature ensures cue points are set accurately and automatically, correcting and syncing beats during manual looping or a real-time cueing, preventing off beat mistakes."

Traktor has had these features this loooong before pioneer ever had it

Tech Convert

Traktor doesn't: "ensures cue points are set accurately and automatically, correcting and syncing beats"

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah , this post just appeared over at NI and i thought exactly the same thing.

I havent tried the Rekord Box but id bet my new car that it isnt as advanced as Traktor.

Tech Convert

The point im stating here is that Traktor does not set an 'accurate' beatgrid automatically..

Ok thats understood. Have you used the new Pioneer ? Are the grids super accurate ?

I dont actually use Autogrid in Traktor i set my own grids and they are tighter than Supermans tights

Jack Bastard

I can't get over the fact that people expect a piece of software to succesfully analyse every single piece of music it's fed without being pointed in the right direction.

I'm all up for slating NI, but ffs. If you can't see why it can't possibly work 100% all the time then maybe you ought to listen to your tracks more.

Last edited by Jack Bastard; 09-20-2009 at 08:55 AM.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Ok thats understood. Have you used the new Pioneer ? Are the grids super accurate ?

I dont actually use Autogrid in Traktor i set my own grids and they are tighter than Supermans tights

Yep, i set my own beatgrids in Traktor too, to make sure they are just like 'superman's tights'.. But in this day & age of wonderful computer technology, i'm a huge supporter of computers doing the boring as fuck / zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz / donkey work for me.. I cant remember the last time i enthused over having 100 beatgrids to do..

So just to summarise.. I hope N.I do an update with something similar ; )

Thats all well and good but no-one has tested that this actually works that well.

Its rhetoric , its great Pioneer saying that the grids will be 'perfect' but im willing to bet that this will not be the reality.

As Jack says you cannot expect software to be 100% and i highly doubt that Pioneer have spent the same time in making the software as NI have in making Traktor.
    Id say that the CDJ will no doubt be amazing but i think the software will be the weak link.

I dont see how NI can "do and update" to match something that people havent even tested yet. I understand the the summary of what your saying but id be cautious.
    This Rekord Box could turn out to be dog-shit yet.

Hopefully some rich-kid will be able to tell us how it works cus i certainly wont be spending the $$$ on 2 CDJ2000s unless i win the lottery.

Jack Bastard

Why are people so hung up on having their phase sync display be bang on anyway?

It's not difficult to bring in a cued track on beat without quantize on, as long as the bpm is accurate it's not going to drift, what does it matter if a display on the screen isn't perfect?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast