Tonight I met...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tonight I met...

... DJ Angelo.

I was covering a friend's residency (I've actually been offered the night as the manager isn't happy with the job that my mate's been doing) tonight, and none other than DJ Angelo walked in. He came over and said, "hey"... and I was like, "oh my god, you're Angelo Tun :O", and the reason he'd come over was because he noticed I was using a complete Reloop setup (2x Reloop Contours, a Kontrol Z1, and my mate was using my Terminal Mix 4).

I must admit, I was somewhat starstruck. Still, he complimented my set and asked for a photo with me and my gear Just hoping he posts it on FB or Twitter so I can get a copy of it

But yeah... considering how much of a Reloop whore I am, this has gotta be the highlight of my year
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Mentor

Thats awesome!!!

Tech Convert

Thats pretty cool, when Skrillex came to my city I met KOAN Sound.

Sweet!

Nice. Great performer and online teacher. I imagine he's a real cool dude.
    Used Record Shopper

Sick man

Quote Originally Posted by HighTopFade View Post
    Nice. Great performer and online teacher. I imagine he's a real cool dude.
    He really is A lot of famous people have this kinda "I'm famous, innit" kinda attitude about them, but he doesn't at all; I think he was actually surprised I knew who he was (he recognized my name though :-O), which just made the situation all the more surreal. I've never been starstruck in my life before, and I've met some properly big DJs, but this was just like... aaaargh lol.

I think it's because he showed up at one of MY gigs rather than us working the same venue like how I've met the others (usually me doing photography while they're playing a set; I keep all my gear in the booth so spend like half the night talking to them like with Brandon Block lol), there's just something seriously surreal about one of your idols turning up to an event YOU'RE playing.

I tried to explain it to my dad last night; "it's like if you were playing a gig in a pub and Pete Green or Eric Clapton walked in and just casually said, 'oh you're using a Fender Strat?'"

Haven't slept yet, and my head's still spinning lol.
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1

Bo.

We has probably softening you up to send him some free cables.

Not a bad idea, actually - send him a few and see if they turn up in the next Reloop video.....
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Mate, I had business cards made up the other day, and FORGOT TO PUT THEM IN MY FUCKING WALLET.

I couldn't even think straight enough to even MENTION them to him Think I'm gonna contact him via his site to see if I can get that photo off him and send him some cables

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast