Would you PAY artists to remix your tracks? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBay View Post
    Definitely helps when you get people who are actual musicians to do a remix.
    Amen bro', Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by djfunke View Post
    Have a link to the originals?

RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMHJV View Post
    + Could make getting onto other labels easier
    Thoughts?
    I truly don't believe that a artist would be more willing to let you on to their label because you paid them to remix one of your tracks, if anything it would be the other way around.

If an artist is wanting to remix one of your tracks it should be for the pure joy that the original brings them & the elements they feel they can add to your work.

I do not approve of this idea and would never put myself in a position where im putting my hard earned money into others hands for fame.

Although, I could see it working in the proper circumstances but there are superior ways of achieving your goals.

Tech Guru

Put it this way there's no reason I'd be more willing to buy your track if one of my more liked/respected producers did a remix on it, I might listen to it, but I wouldn't buy the original just for the hell of it, unless its a whole a whole album, but then I'd have to dig most of the tracks anyway.

I say keep producing, pushing it on your own, obviously there's no shortcuts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12