Potential fault on 1210mk2???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Potential fault on Technics 1210mk2???

Just got myself a Technics 1210mk2 last week for a splendid price i might add. Now it could do with a service as the pitch defo need re-calibrating as it seems to have the 2 x zero points and if you put the tempo on the display on your track deck on traktor it only goes upto 7.4% not 8%. Any way i was just moving it to take pics of the Vestax im selling and when i came to turn it on and press play the platter just seemed to go forward and backward the tiniest amount, then it started and went pretty quickly, its been fine for 2 weeks, i moved it again and kinda tilted it a bit and put it back down where i wanted it and it plays fine again? what's on it's way out on it? any one have any ideas?
    Last edited by paulmac; 08-05-2013 at 01:57 PM.
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Did you press play and then play again almost instantly?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

im not too sure to be honest?
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

If you did, then that's normal behaviour. As long as when it's fully up to speed and you press play again and it stops pretty much instantly, then it's fine.

You can calibrate that though, as sometimes they will continue to move forward slightly even when you press play/stop.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

yeah, i turned my macbook on and played a track and it played fine, then pressed stop and it stopped too, was strange tbh.. panicked thinking it had packed up on me already haha..are you clued op on these then? would you consider calibrating the pitch zero and pitch yourself or pay for the £55 for a service and getting it all done by a person who does it for their job? i assume they would calibrate the start/stop function along with the tine arm and anti skate etc etc

They're pretty much tanks to be honest. You should be good for the forseeable.

Don't waste your money doing that. Follow this guy and you'll be good.

yeah, ive seen his videos. He makes it all look so easy haha..i thought would i be able to do it myself after him making it looks so easy, have you done this yourself then?

I haven't done it myself, but if it came to it, I definitely would. It's a good learning curve too, if you do it on this one, you'll be confident on doing it to others in the future.

just ordered a multimeter off ebay for £2.97 haha, i'l maybe give it a go on calibrating the zero on them hopefully i wont break the damn thing haha

Just make sure you keep all the screws in one place, and don't lose any. Do post your results won't you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast