Tiesto jumping on the DEEP HOUSE band wagon now... - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    the whole new "deep house" sound is more tech house than anything. If he was playing Masters at Work or Kerri Chandler then I'd be suprised. Maybe people will actually start wanting to hear this stuff at clubs more.
    I agree with you the NEW "deep house" is actually Minimal Dark Tech AKA Coma House

Real Deep House was Naked Music, MAW, DJ MFR, etc.

And now this is Tech House: http://www.beatport.com/track/rhythm...al-mix/4611044

>

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    I agree with you the NEW "deep house" is actually Minimal Dark Tech AKA Coma House

Real Deep House was Naked Music, MAW, DJ MFR, etc.

And now this is Tech House: http://www.beatport.com/track/rhythm...al-mix/4611044

>
    That's waaaayyyy into the Techno spectrum. UMEK and Adam Beyer would be quite happy playing that.

This is what I'd consider Tech House:
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    I think Tiesto and other superstar DJs get a lot more of the casual music lovers/listeners. His attempting to play "deep house" will bring about a lot more casual "fans" to the genre/sub-genre, causing more "sellouts" to make what they consider to be "deep house." Essentially, this has the potential to cheapen or dilute what deep house is really all about. Of course, it could do the opposite, but that seems highly unlikely given superstar DJs catering to what I'd refer to as "top 40" dance music.

I used far too many quotation marks.
    Bassy house has pretty much taken over the UK, bloody Au Seve. (it's actually a great song, but so overplayed everywhere)

I actually gave his set a listen. A lot of it is tech house and not much deep house. But when you think about it, maybe this is a good thing. If a genera stays the same then it gets stale which isn't the best thing. But when we start to argue about whats deep house & whats tech house or garage then we start to loose sight of whats important, that being the music. I love the fact that good deep house is still considered underground but if there aren't any new listeners then artist get stagnant and after a while theres nothing new. Maybe by Tiesto slowly starting to shine some light on deep & tech house then the way the world see's EDM will change and we wont get as much generic crap. We'll get more organic and soulful music... but then again it might all back fire and go to hell >_>
    Current Set Up: Denon DN X1600, 2x Kontrol X1 MK1, Traktor Kontrol F1, Macbook Pro, Traktor Pro 2 LIVE & LET RAVE
    SoundCloud YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalQw3rty View Post
    I actually gave his set a listen. A lot of it is tech house and not much deep house. But when you think about it, maybe this is a good thing. If a genera stays the same then it gets stale which isn't the best thing. But when we start to argue about whats deep house & whats tech house or garage then we start to loose sight of whats important, that being the music. I love the fact that good deep house is still considered underground but if there aren't any new listeners then artist get stagnant and after a while theres nothing new. Maybe by Tiesto slowly starting to shine some light on deep & tech house then the way the world see's EDM will change and we wont get as much generic crap. We'll get more organic and soulful music... but then again it might all back fire and go to hell >_>
    Nicely put.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

I heard it a bit as well as I was driving around. It definitely didn't have the soulful deep house musicality to it, but it was kinda cool. Ironically, I thought some of his transitions were crap - really abrupt and not blended at all. It was a nice change of pace, and some of the tunes are actually pretty tight, but definitely not deep.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    I heard it a bit as well as I was driving around. It definitely didn't have the soulful deep house musicality to it, but it was kinda cool. Ironically, I thought some of his transitions were crap - really abrupt and not blended at all. It was a nice change of pace, and some of the tunes are actually pretty tight, but definitely not deep.
    I totally agree with you, his transitions weren't that great. I thought they would have been better. Maybe his next one will be much better in terms of feeling and transitions
    Current Set Up: Denon DN X1600, 2x Kontrol X1 MK1, Traktor Kontrol F1, Macbook Pro, Traktor Pro 2 LIVE & LET RAVE
    SoundCloud YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalQw3rty View Post
    Hopefully no backfire.

I think with the genre "deep house" surfacing to the mainstream, it will be saturated in a year's time and big name producers will exhaust the sounds that makes it "deep". look at dubstep. I do like deep house and the other types of house (garage, afro, disco, minimal, tech, jacking) that are getting the exposure that it deserves but i am afraid it will begin to be overkill. As long as these guys release quality music in moderation and correctly then maybe there can be a bright future for one of my favorite sub-house genres.

and yes, after listening through to it, its mostly tech house.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast