Kaoss Pads
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kaoss Pads

Default Kaoss Pads

I didn't do too much digging about this to be honest, but my buddy has a Kaoss mini and I was wondering if it was worth grabbing from him since I already run Traktor... If I run it through my mixers send/return would it still work fine as I run Traktor? I route my setup through an audio 10 so I'm not sure what my options are with this thing, plus I don't want to waste any money if this thing won't get any use.

I don't see why it wouldn't work, as soon as the audio comes out of traktor and into the mixer all the control is done by the mixer, so it should just as if you were using cdj's.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    I don't see why it wouldn't work, as soon as the audio comes out of traktor and into the mixer all the control is done by the mixer, so it should just as if you were using cdj's.
    I assumed so, just wanted someones reassurance. Thanks.

I would test it out first and make sure it doesn't throw your audio levels off. The kp3 has an adjustable input gain.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Yeah I want the kaoss pad 3 so bad!! One of my mixers is the xone 22 and I'm dying to try out the send and return. Don't you have that mixer too Kwal?

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    Yeah I want the kaoss pad 3 so bad!! One of my mixers is the xone 22 and I'm dying to try out the send and return. Don't you have that mixer too Kwal?
    Yeah I have the 22 but I actually decided to just buy the X1 instead of the KP mini. It's not worth it if you don't buy the KP3. I've tested the send and return on it though with my Behringer Tweakalizer and it worked great.

Anyone who knows me on here has read a few of my rants on the audio level drop when running an fx loop between a (any) mixer and the main ins/outs of and audio10 for traktor fx. Its unusable. I want one for the simple fact that I can put one in line of my loop and bring the gain levels back up. That and I could feed traktor fx into the kp3 or vice versus pre or post fader, as well as use it for it's midi capabilities. From what I have read from owners is that the beat recognition is not great and that one should tap in the beat or use a midi clock cable for best results.

Buying the x1 was an excellent choice. For a general function controller it is my go to piece of equipment. Multipurpose use out the ass.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

dont do it! as djfunke saidf the level drop makes it unusable... i had a mini and tried with both traktor and serato with the same results
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Quote Originally Posted by brian_johnstone View Post
    dont do it! as djfunke saidf the level drop makes it unusable... i had a mini and tried with both traktor and serato with the same results
    Yeah I held off, bought the X1 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    Yeah I held off, bought the X1 instead.
    good move! i was gutted when it came to testing my kaoss pad, i was excited about what it could do .. but severly diasppointed about 10 seconds later
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast