Anyone ever rent a venue/field out?
    Tech Wizard

Default Anyone ever rent a venue/field out?

Sup guys/girls,

I've got a question if anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction.
    I have been looking into renting a field or venue out for a show/mini festival you know a few djs different genres etc.... I'd like to know if anyone has done this or how would i go about doing something like that.....Any help would be appricated.

Thanks,

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by djemai View Post
    Sup guys/girls,

I've got a question if anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction.
    I have been looking into renting a field or venue out for a show/mini festival you know a few djs different genres etc.... I'd like to know if anyone has done this or how would i go about doing something like that.....Any help would be appricated.

Thanks,
    call the owners of the venue/field ask them if you can rent it for a festival?

Tech Wizard

Thats true but I guess should be more specific as like if anyone has got a permit for alcohol or security etc...

Tech Mentor

Thats true but I guess should be more specific as like if anyone has got a permit for alcohol or security etc...
    it depends on the place.
    if it's just a field and you are doing it "legally" then there is a ton of stuff/permits/security/first aid/bathrooms etc you need to consider.
    call the venue and see what they are allowed to do, then go from their.

If you've never done something like this before it would probably be easier to do an established venue since they will have all the legal stuff out of the way for you

Tech Wizard

I'll keep looking around I've never rented a venue out. Most of the clubs i've played at are super small and posh and play the same music all night I'm jus trying to do something different Thanks for the insight though

When renting a venue or field to hold a public event (festival) ..

You must submit a proposal to local authorities:

This must include risk assessments, this will involve
    maximum capacity
    Licensing issues (sale of alcohol)
    Actions in the event of an accident
    the amount of food stalls/drink stalls/toilets/staff/first aiders/security etc. that you need for the amount of people you intend to hold.

If you do this officially you have a lot of planning to do, well worth it if you pull it off however! ... Good luck!

Tech Mentor

I'll keep looking around I've never rented a venue out. Most of the clubs i've played at are super small and posh and play the same music all night I'm jus trying to do something different Thanks for the insight though
    other options would be something like a wedding hall, hotels that have rentals for parties etc.
    These places will have all the permits needed to host an event.

I've been to some pretty good events that have happened at Elks Lodges, or Hotels.
    Look for non-chain motels that have halls for rent. Then you can make a deal with the motel for renting all the rooms out too.

Generator + a few djs + a skatepark
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Are you in the US? As always check with your local permitting jurisdiction. If it is on private property and you hold the proper business license you can usually get away with just complying to sound ordinance.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6