DPC Latency Checker

Default DPC Latency Checker

Been having a few niggles with my sound at the minute, and the issue seems to be something causing the DPC Latency on my laptop to spike every 6 seconds.

I've messed about with the Device Manager in an attempt to sort the problem with little success, using the tried and tested method of 'randomly disabling drivers' with little success, and I was wondering if anyone could give me a clue as to which driver might be causing the problem ...?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Wizard

hi most likely it ll be due to your wifi refreshing for networks if its constant with the time.
    make sure u disable your wifi or bluetooth card or any device thats not needed for the use with traktor.

Seems to be the classic APCI problem that a lot of laptops have ... now I know, I just need to turn it off, and we should be peachy.

(simple test for people in the future, plug your laptop in, run DPC checker, the pull the battery out - all of a sudden the spike goes away ....)
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Mentor

If you have a dell studio your buggered I had one a while back they are known for this in that case it was a dodgey firewire chip on the motherboard on the whole range :eek:

I took that back sharpish !!

Quote Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
    If you have a dell studio your buggered I had one a while back they are known for this in that case it was a dodgey firewire chip on the motherboard on the whole range :eek:

Nah, it's a Lenovo 3000 N500 - I've just got to disable the APCI in the Device Manager and the spike disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post

i managed to fix mine with a BIOS update