NI Kontrol S4 MK2 - Page 4
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

can someone send me a link to pics? I'd love to take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    the s4 could've been a mockup. But the s2 was definitely real, pic was leaked on NI's German site.
    Really disappointing then. At least they added something new to the X1 MK2. I can't imagine anyone will be selling their original S2 for that thing. Hopefully the S4 has at least a touch strip or something. I've been saving cash up for this thing too...

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Removing the four sample buttons out of S4 would give some room for the nice long touch strip.

I really love the X1 Mk2. Very glad I sold my S4

And I actually find the pitch bend touch strip more user friendly than the S4 jog wheels.

I love how you can use all 4 effects easily on all four channels when you've got 2 of them. And you've got ready access to all the FX when using 2 x MK2's without having to switch back and forth

Tech Mentor

who can send out a link to the pics?

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Toast View Post
    who can send out a link to the pics?
    PM sent. I'm extremely disappointed in the mk2 versions. I've been holding off on buying a DDJ-SX for months even though I'm a Traktor user and have owned the original S4. I ordered the DDJ-SX last night and will be using it with Traktor while also dipping my toes in Serato DJ. I was expecting the Kontrol S4 to offer the touch strips from the X1 mk2 and have some functionality of the Remix Decks built in to the controller. Improved jogs and a less toyish build quality were also on my list of desired improvements. It looks like NI dropped the ball this time.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo21 View Post
    I really love the X1 Mk2. Very glad I sold my S4

And I actually find the pitch bend touch strip more user friendly than the S4 jog wheels.

I love how you can use all 4 effects easily on all four channels when you've got 2 of them. And you've got ready access to all the FX when using 2 x MK2's without having to switch back and forth
    I agree with this. I feel like the jogwheels are somewhat a waste of space. I would like to see the ability to route all 4 fx units and have 4 sets of hotcues etc a la 4midiloop as well.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

^lol

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    ^lol
    Seriously. I love how there are no encoder knobs on the thing for loops, etc. There's just a big Remix Deck matrix. That thing would be non-functional as a real controller.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast