Older Macbook trying to run traktor pro 2.6.2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I didn't have issues with my 2006 Macbook Pro running 10.6.8 and Traktor 2.6.1 IIRC, so I don't know what's going on exactly.
    Macbook pro = Core 2 Duo
    Macbook = Core Duo

To be honest, I think you guys' best bet would be to install Windows via Bootcamp and just use the Windows version of Traktor.
    Dunno if that will make a whole lotta difference, Traktor Pro 2.x Still Requires a Core2Duo

I reckon older version of Traktor is probably the only way out (Traktor Pro 1.2 was stable and fast on my old core duo).

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Macbook pro = Core 2 Duo
    Macbook = Core Duo

Dunno if that will make a whole lotta difference, Traktor Pro 2.x Still Requires a Core2Duo

I reckon older version of Traktor is probably the only way out (Traktor Pro 1.2 was stable and fast on my old core duo).
    It doesn't REQUIRE it on Windows; it's not typically possible to prevent applications running based on what processor you're running on Windows, as the only way of doing so would be to actually manually test for specific features like SSE and x64 extensions. Basically, Traktor will just run on any Windows install; the only issue is whether or not it runs acceptably well. However, considering how there are people out there who run it on Atom netbooks, running on a Core Duo shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Best bet is to just give it a go and see; Bootcamp is free, as is the Windows 8 30-day evaluation; install it, see if it works, and if it does then buy a licence for 8.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Guru

Windows isn't going to help performance in any way so I don't see why you'd go to the trouble of installing it. At least if you stick with OSX you can have native low latency audio with the onboard sound card.

Either ask for an old installer from NI, or copypaste the newer application file from another computer and see how it runs.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

It doesn't REQUIRE it on Windows;
    Well talk to NI about their wording - its under System requirements for Traktor Pro 2. To be fair the specs are fairly conservative IMHO (e.g. almost any machine built within the last 6 years).

I just don't see the point in installing windows just to "maybe" allow Basic Traktor playback, keylock "might" work on low CPU mode but will sound like crap, Most FX will chug, remix decks would be a no-no.

At least with the older version (1.x) you will be able to use everything thats available without any slowdown.

However, considering how there are people out there who run it on Atom netbooks
    Yes and its a chore and it chugs with much more than the basic features.

Either ask for an old installer from NI
    Best option ……unless you just have too much time on your hands, want to prove a point and don't require stability.
    Last edited by deevey; 08-08-2013 at 11:16 AM.

Both of you are COMPLETELY missing the point here.

To use an F1, you need Traktor 2.5. To use a Z1, you need 2.6.1; to use an X1 Mk2, you need 2.6.3.

For people that have new hardware an older (unsupported on Lion macs), then installing Windows is pretty much their only solution, unless they've got access to a newer machine they can copy the install over from.
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1

Tech Guru

If newer hardware was mentioned in the original post then that would be more significant. Windows isn't any better when it comes to supporting the latest Traktor version, given that Vista and XP are no longer supported.

Also many users have complained about significant increases in CPU usage with the more recent versions so it makes more sense to use an older version. If you've just been handed down an old Mac, chances are a newer model isn't too far out of reach.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    damn I didn't even think of this. I have an older macbook like this too.
    Just bought the new X1 and have been using it on my Imac which is newer and been having no problems.

But now I'm thinking it's not gonna work with my macbook. so won't be able to use it at gigs.
    Obviously not gonna take the Imac to gigs lol.
    This person is clearly suffering from that problem. He's got a MacBook, just bought an X1, MacBook doesn't support Lion, needs to run 2.6.3, therefore his best solution would be to install Windows on Bootcamp. I know you hate Windows and everything, but the perfect storm of incompatibilities between Traktor and Mac OS X just simply doesn't exist if he runs Windows.

Tech Guru

I don't see how spending $100+ for Windows is a viable solution when you can use an older version, or copy over a newer version if you use the new hardware.

Isn't the new X1 fully MIDI mappable anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    I don't see how spending $100+ for Windows is a viable solution when you can use an older version, or copy over a newer version if you use the new hardware.

Isn't the new X1 fully MIDI mappable anyway?
    Sure, but not the Cuepoint LEDs or the touchstrip which require HID support for their native features.

Also, Windows 8 licenses are available for a fraction of that. Plus people may very well have a copy of Windows 7 lying around they're not using, or a TechNet/MSDN/Dreamspark account, etc.

Tech Wizard

So I contacted NI and they sent me an installer for 2.6.0 so lets see what happens. I will keep you guys updated!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast