Older Macbook trying to run traktor pro 2.6.2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Older Macbook trying to run traktor pro 2.6.2

So my sister gave me her old MacBook. Its the model that is in the white case. I tried to install traktor and its saying it requires snow leopard. I am running 10.6.8 and it will not take traktor. I tried to update the OS and its saying my processor will not take it. It is currently running an 1.83 Ghz Intel Core Duo. Under memory is says 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. Is it possible to have traktor run on this labtop or do I have a large paper weight? Thanks in advance for your help

Tech Wizard

Having had a macbook (black 2.0ghz Core Duo) I found that although I could ''run'' traktor scratch pro 2, it wasn't perfect. With a big load it did have a few dropouts. I had to increase the latency to a point where it didn't feel right when using timecode.

I reverted back to traktor scratch pro and it ran perfectly fine. Might not have all the new features but it's still a solid piece of software.

To run 2.6.2, you need os x 10.7 lion. It will not work with snow leopard.

Quote Originally Posted by NOFUNNICK View Post
    So my sister gave me her old MacBook. Its the model that is in the white case. I tried to install traktor and its saying it requires snow leopard. I am running 10.6.8 and it will not take traktor. I tried to update the OS and its saying my processor will not take it. It is currently running an 1.83 Ghz Intel Core Duo. Under memory is says 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. Is it possible to have traktor run on this labtop or do I have a large paper weight? Thanks in advance for your help
    You can't update to Lion or Mountain Lion, but you CAN update to Snow Leopard; the trick is finding a copy of Snow Leopard. Google will be your friend with regards to that.

There IS a way to get Lion to run, but it requires some tinkering.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Wizard

Where can I find one of the older versions of traktor?

Tech Guru

Contact NI support and they should provide you with an older installer, provided that you own Traktor already and have registered your serial.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

Upgrade to 4 GB ram (20 bucks if you do it yourself) and find a copy of traktor 2.6.0 and upgrade to Snow Leopard. Should run fine

Tech Wizard

Guys, 10.6.8 is Snow Leopard.

I didn't have issues with my 2006 Macbook Pro running 10.6.8 and Traktor 2.6.1 IIRC, so I don't know what's going on exactly. Try to get a hold of Traktor (Scratch) Pro 1 if you can.

Tech Wizard

When I tried to upgrade to 10.6.8 it said my processor was not adequate for it and to run traktor 2 you have to have snow leopard

Tech Mentor

damn I didn't even think of this. I have an older macbook like this too.
    Just bought the new X1 and have been using it on my Imac which is newer and been having no problems.

But now I'm thinking it's not gonna work with my macbook. so won't be able to use it at gigs.
    Obviously not gonna take the Imac to gigs lol.

Just been doing some research; it's possible to run Lion DP1 or Mountain Lion final on unsupported Macs, but it requires some fudging around.

To be honest, I think you guys' best bet would be to install Windows via Bootcamp and just use the Windows version of Traktor.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast