CDJ-1000's & Traktor A6 Phono mode not working properly?

Default CDJ-1000's & Traktor A6 Phono mode not working properly?

Hi guys so i recently purchased a Traktor A6 soundcard and my current set-up is 2 CDJ-1000 MK3's and a DJM 600. I am looking to record my mixes through Traktor with the soundcard but i also want to continue using my cd's instead of using the control discs as the discs aren't nice to use in my opinion. I have the phono lines set in the soundcards manager and i also enable direct tru , Traktor is also detecting the sound in the recording section and that's all perfect but when i go to play a track the sound that comes out of the speakers is extremely bad. It's all static and you cannot listen to it it also runs the speakers extremely hard (redlining on the eqs with very low gain) . Can anybody help me with this i am dying to get some new mixes recorded.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

If you're using CD's then everything should be set to LINE and not PHONO.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Guru

yeah, chances are you will blow the phono preamps if you run a line level source through them for long enough
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Would you not need to set the deck to Live instrument like i do when i play real vinyl on my turntables as apposed to the timecode vinyl??
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

@robdquick i'm only after realising how stupid my mistake was switched to line and kept direct tru on and now its working perfectly thank you so much

Line