Kontrol Z2 questions
    Tech Convert

Default Kontrol Z2 questions

I am considering buying a Kontrol Z2 but i have a few questions first. I dont understand what it means by 2 + 2 tracks, and also if its good to go with Technic 1200 mk2s. And if anybody has any other opinions on mixers let me know. (I am a young beginning club DJ so i only need two tracks). and if is anyone is selling one $500 and under let me know! if you in the US that be a whole lot easier.)

Tech Guru

It has 2 main channels with full EQ, as well as two knobs for controlling volume on 2 additional software channels from Traktor.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Convert

Default Reply

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    It has 2 main channels with full EQ, as well as two knobs for controlling volume on 2 additional software channels from Traktor.
    Im new to DJ'ing so what exactly does full EQ mean, and what are the software channels(are they like something on the computer?)

I use a Kontrol Z2 with my 1200s! I love it.

Tech Wizard

it looks like a 2 channel battle mixer, but the knobs above the cue pads for deck a and b are essentialy your channelfader/gain for respectivly decks c and d. you can easily switch your pads to these decks if you want to use them for cuepoint/loops with a normal deck or the above row of your remix decks (I guess you can map em deeper with the latest patch even).

keep in mind this in only for traktor, so it's not really a 4channel mixer like say a pioneer djm 700 since decks c and d have no physical inputs, altho I can bet you can create a third channel through the mic if you want to get creative.

so basicly it's a 2channel mixer when using only vinyl or cd's but a 4 channel mixer (altho a bit limited maybe) in traktor mode. a good alternative is the pioneer version DJM T1 wich has a nicer layout for the FX section, and you prolly be able to find it cheaper than a Z2.

EDIT : I have a Z2 myself and I love it to bits, just realise that if you want to play out you either have to put it in a case so it's roadproof or that you have an alternative setup for playing out (a6/a10 + controller like X1). also make sure you don't get one that was made on release, a friend and myself both bought one and returned it within the eight months we had it (loose usb and powersocket, a filterknob that just lost all resistance). We got a brand new one tho wich has no issues so I guess they cleared it all up.
    Last edited by johnnypepp; 08-10-2013 at 06:11 PM.