Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 51.72%
  • No

14 48.28%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Gauging Interest in 4 Channel MIDI Mixer

Howdy folks, so the time has come for me to hassle you all again about a potential new product that I'm hoping to bring to market alongside a big company

This would be a pure 4 channel MIDI mixer; nothing fancy, styled after the Z1 (same height, same length, but twice as wide and constructed with a metal chassis). Up faders will be damped for smooth mixes, and the crossfader MAY be an Innofader Mini depending on how much it'd change the pricing by.

3 band EQ per channel, dedicated filter knob, and a gain knob. There'll also be kill switches for each EQ band, possibly as a separate button or - more likely - as a push-down on the knob with an indicator light.

It'll have a basic 4-out/4-in audio interface built in which will let you hook up a microphone or two AUX inputs for live playback through decks C and D in Traktor, and unbalanced and balanced outputs.

So, would there be interest in this product?
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

I just ordered the Z1 yesterday but would still like to get a similar 4 channel mixer and with a 4in/4out sound card it could be used for timecode mixer with Mixvibes Cross witch I would be using it with for sure.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Quote Originally Posted by dj gullum View Post
    I just ordered the Z1 yesterday but would still like to get a similar 4 channel mixer and with a 4in/4out sound card it could be used for timecode mixer with Mixvibes Cross witch I would be using it with for sure.
    Yeah that'd definitely be a possibility The only problem is that due to the prohibitive cost of Traktor Certification we wouldn't be able to offer it as a DVS for Traktor (or Serato), but Mixvibes, Mixxx, VirtualDJ and Deckadance would all be options for DVS users

Primarily, however, I envisage it being used alongside an pair of X1s or PL-1s as a Traktor mixer. The idea is to provide enough flexibility for people to use it however they want by not artificially limiting specific features like some of the other pieces of kit on the market, so DVS would still be an option for those not using "the big two".
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1

Tech Wizard

I'll sell my Z1 to get this!
    I've written a few bangers and played a few raves but have since sold out.

Lol dude of course you know I would give it a try!!

All my yes! But dear god PLEASE do not use push down knobs. I always accidentally bump them in heated moments.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman View Post
    All my yes! But dear god PLEASE do not use push down knobs. I always accidentally bump them in heated moments.
    Haha Well you could always disable the feature in the mapping (or even with a physical switch on the unit) if we didn't use push-knobs, what would you prefer? Physical kill switches or buttons? And located where? Beside or underneath the knobs?

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Haha Well you could always disable the feature in the mapping (or even with a physical switch on the unit) if we didn't use push-knobs, what would you prefer? Physical kill switches or buttons? And located where? Beside or underneath the knobs?
    Given it's a 4 channel, I love the way the layout is on the K2. Also, VU's would be great! Considering how easy they are to map too. At least 20 little LEDs would be great but 10 would do! Right now I deal with 4! Haha!

Last edited by ProfessorStrangeman; 08-09-2013 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Added Video:
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

lets see a mockup.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Hell Yea!!!! I''m all about that!! When can we start this?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast