My First Gig ( Total Bombshell )
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My First Gig ( Total Bombshell )

i had my first gig last night, and it was absolutely terrible, i got asked to dj a friends end of summer party, i was told it was going to be huge but it ended up only having a max of 15 people, who all ended up getting so stoned that they where sitting on couches in awkward silence, i might as well of dj'ed to a group of deaf people. i played multiple genres trying to find what would get them going but nothing. i ended up just playing really trippy music for most of the night.

That night really crushed my confidence as a dj, i wanna know if this has happened to anyone else?

every gig pretty much. don't sweat it mate
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Dude, that's not a gig. Certainly not your "First Gig", that was just what happens when one of your stoner mates say "yeah man there will be loads of people there" and you get fired up cus your into what you are doing. That was just, what it was, a gathering.

Forget it and move on. You are better than that.

Tech Convert

Get over it man..may be the people you were playing for were not worth of it..i guess you should practice harder and perform at some good venue..not like your friends..who would have at least given a applause or a good cheering despite of getting stoned.

Tech Mentor

Don't stress it everybody has bad gigs I have seen Derrick May empty a Dance floor with the wroung track at the wroung time and rjd2 resort to a improtute quiz competition because no one was dancing.

My buddy has parties all the time that a DJ friend of mine and I spin for. Sometimes there's 20 people, sometimes there's only a few. Not a gig, more like practice. Enjoy these times, you can laugh at huge trainwrecks and not worry about the bar booing you.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

I know that feel, i managed to scare away a lot of people yesterday lol and my set was pretty much clanger city (even though few guys told me it wasn't really noticable.. * BUT i heard it was shit)

it happens, don't sweat it i'd imagine audience at house parties are a bit more difficult to cater to that club gigs
    Last edited by johney; 08-10-2013 at 07:26 AM.

Lol don't even worry about that, that's not a gig.

Tech Mentor

It's not nice to say this, but in those tiny parties, it's better to jukebox than to DJ, imo.

agree with all^

and you handled it like a champ. You toned it down and played some ambient stuff which is what was appropriate for the vibe.

A horrible DJ would have forced his house set down their throats and made the night a true disaster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast