Midi Fighters in a jazz guitar performance

Default Midi Fighters in a jazz guitar performance

Hi, guys I am new here and was just looking for some answers to a question I had... I am playing jazz guitar by myself with a looper pedal at this restaurant every week... I was looking for some ways to implement a midifighter into my "performance." I am pretty good at finger drumming but I don't want to do a whole song of finger drumming (although I can and have done it before) it seems to bore the old people . So if you have an idea, I would love to hear it!

Thanks,
    Kevin

I'm just curious, but what would you be looking to add to your performance with the midifighter, that the looper isnt giving you?

Also you could get a soundcard, run your guitar through the laptop/midifighter etc, and the "outs" to the resaurant's speakers..

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Routing looper in to software and map some EQ and color effects.

The looper only lets me quickly record and play over something that I just played with my guitar, I can't really add in drums or anything, so I was thinking maybe something like having two imputs, one from my computer and the second being the guitar, so maybe play some pre-recorded chords from a piano or something in a song

Quote Originally Posted by kevthefsxman View Post
    The looper only lets me quickly record and play over something that I just played with my guitar, I can't really add in drums or anything, so I was thinking maybe something like having two imputs, one from my computer and the second being the guitar, so maybe play some pre-recorded chords from a piano or something in a song
    This is actually how i got into dj'ing way back when..... i couldn't find any reliable band members so started producing drums, bass, and piano so i can jam over it with my guitar lol. you need a SOUND CARD from there let us know if your planning on using ableton or traktor and we can go from there .

Quote Originally Posted by P4ULSON View Post
    This is actually how i got into dj'ing way back when..... i couldn't find any reliable band members so started producing drums, bass, and piano so i can jam over it with my guitar lol. you need a SOUND CARD from there let us know if your planning on using ableton or traktor and we can go from there .
    I have at the moment an M-Audio Fast Track pro, I have a realitively slow, dual core processor so sometimes my laptop gets angry, throws a fit, and crashes but I am hopefully getting a new computer soon.

I have both Ableton and Traktor and they are my two favorite pieces of software on my laptop at the moment so either would work, on my laptop though Ableton is a little CPU intensive and gets my computer all upset.

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by kevthefsxman; 08-15-2013 at 11:03 PM.