Just bought a V7 and my laptop is under requirements

Default Just bought a V7 and my laptop is under requirements

Well I just bought a Numark V7 and apparently my laptop can't handle it, or Serato (I honestly hate Serato, I would much rather use Traktor.) Do a lot of PC users experience problems like this? Is it a good idea to by a mac? I have been on PC for ever, I really don't love macs even though I use them at my job, what makes them so great that almost all serious producers and DJs use them?

No mac debate here.
    Most people don't have that issue because most people check system requirements first.
    /thread
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

What are your laptops specs?

And if you hate Serato, why did you GET a V7?! That just seems stupid to me.

Stick to the topic rather than belittling the OP.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

I am sticking to the topic by asking what the specs are. If the dude is using a 5+ year old CPU, maybe he just needs a new PC. Maybe there is a software issue (Windows8 sucks with Serato). Maybe it's something completely different.

It's not belittling the OP by questioning the logic of getting a Serato controller when one doesn't like Serato.

Asking a valid question and then finishing the post off with "that just seems stupid" isn't the way to do it.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Why not? If I feel that it seems silly (or stupid, or uncommon, or WHATEVER) isn't it fair for me to actually state that?

Sorry, I didn't mean to start an operating system fight, if you want me to take the thread down I will... I don't hate Serato but I was just going to use it with a virtual timecoded record to go into Traktor Scratch Pro. I bought it because the controller itself did what I needed to, even though I didn't love the software it worked with... My computer is only 2 years old and the cpu was just a tiny bit under the requirements which just made me pretty mad, if it was way off I would have acknowledged the fact that I needed a new computer but getting a new computer because it was just barely off of the system requirements was annoying to me because I have never had a problem with my computer not supporting my gear. This was the first time I didn't check the system requirements before I bought something, I know that was stupid. I wasn't trying to say that it was a bad controller or anything, I was just making a post because I am new... It looks like I didn't really make a very good first impression, I am sorry guys.

Nah, it's not your fault. I was just curious.

Post your specs dude. (http://www.which.co.uk/technology/ar...mputers-specs/)

Nobody is going to be able to give you accurate help without knowing your CPU stats, RAM, Windows version, etc etc. What problems you are experiencing?

Also, if you're running Serato ITCH and Traktor Scratch Pro at the same time, it's probably going to be tougher on your computer. Make sure you understand how to lower latency on your PC as well. (http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/08/1...-power-script/)
    Last edited by smiTTTen; 08-12-2013 at 05:31 AM.

ADM, please keep your replies in check.

Not gonna argue, just read back your posts and you'll see what we mean.
    The last reply it's of a better tone, the others will get you a short vacation from the boards.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --