TouchOSC Traktor Effects Controller for review

Default TouchOSC Traktor Effects Controller for review

This is my very first attempt at mapping anything ever. I've never liked the way the effects were set up on my Denon MC6000, so i figured i'd give it a go.

I tried to map them to a few other midi devices but nothing was laying out in a way that made sense to me, to the point that I was seriously considering taking some electronics classes to learn how to make my own.

Then I stumbled on TouchOSC and well screw all that making electronics, lol. Anyway, I am very pleased with how it turned out.

The only thing I'm still struggling with some modifiers, and I was hoping someone might take a look at it and offer some advice, most of the modifiers are set up and functioning as intended, but the one thing I want to do that I can't seem to wrap my head around is switching between group and single mode and having modifiers change with it, changing modes happens easily enough, and I have some modifiers to adjust for the few functions I wanted to switch when switching between the two, the one thing I want to happen and can't seem to figure out tho is, that I want my ensure that regardless of what mode I am in, I want to make sure that my Mode Selector button always loads up the right set of modifiers, like if I had changed the mode with my mouse and it threw off sync with my modifiers.

My work around thus far was setting up a second mode selector button on a second page that didn't also trigger the modifiers, so in short as I can figure out how to state, how to set my button to load modifier 1/1 every single time i switch to single mode and load modifier set 1/0 when I switch to group mode.

That and as my first attempt doing something like I would just appreciate some general feedback on it, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I personally am very pleased, it does exactly what I want it to do. It gives me easier access to the functions that aren't really that friendly on my main controller and gives me a lot better control over how I can use my effects.

1149739_10201709714614475_1722694943_o.jpg

1150744_10201709715454496_1358910805_o.jpg

It's a two page controller, the above images show the general layout. I'm very interested to know what anyone else might do differently, and why, either with the mapping or the layout.

I have attached both the .tsi file and the touchosc file in the attached .zip file.

Thanks guys I really appreciate it
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Djbreeze52; 08-12-2013 at 08:48 PM. Reason: typos and layout of message

So this post has had almost 300 views, has anyone tried this out yet, I have had a couple of Traktor crashes since using it, but I think they have been due to something else tbh, but I'm not 100% sure. I'd love to know if anyone else has had this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Djbreeze52 View Post
    So this post has had almost 300 views, has anyone tried this out yet, I have had a couple of Traktor crashes since using it, but I think they have been due to something else tbh, but I'm not 100% sure. I'd love to know if anyone else has had this issue.
    Yo! Sorry bit of a newbie at the ol mapping malarkey, can you tell me how to import onto both touch and into Traktor.... If I import it are the effects already mapped to the controls..