Would you consider buying this?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Would you consider buying this?

I'm thinking about starting my own clothing line, and I came up with this design.

Would you ever consider buying this if you saw it?

edit: Well alright thanks everyone

If you want to check them out, they're @ ecl.bigcartel.com
    Last edited by Danek; 08-13-2013 at 12:44 AM.

I've been in the industry before, clothing is very hard to get into because you need a very large amount of capital to start up, simply because you have to pay people that actually know what they're doing to design and create your product, and you have to send out TONS of free apparel to celebs/athletes and pray one of them likes and wears it to spread your product... It's not as simple as having 25 shirts made and spending weeks trying to convince your local Hot Topic to stock them so you can sell maybe 3 tops.

As for that shirt, I would not buy it.

edit/ Honest response by the way.

I wouldn't grab it as is.

Maybe if there was just the face.

//// Edit after change

ye ye ye

Looks better to me. Less cluttered Likin' the graf style.
    Last edited by dj_adm; 08-12-2013 at 10:31 AM. Reason: updated for change

Tech Mentor

Updated the design.

Like Kwal said, you need quite a bit of a capital to get it started. i work in the clothing/merchandise industry and there are new labels popping up every day and fading away real quick since most of them are either way to expensive to buy/sell or the designs are just average. you could try to get starting but looking at the design you just posted, i´d say that it wouldn´t be selling a lot, since the fashion trend is a different one right now.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    Like Kwal said, you need quite a bit of a capital to get it started. i work in the clothing/merchandise industry and there are new labels popping up every day and fading away real quick since most of them are either way to expensive to buy/sell or the designs are just average. you could try to get starting but looking at the design you just posted, i´d say that it wouldn´t be selling a lot, since the fashion trend is a different one right now.
    I was thinking of just having this as a part time hobby, not to try to make this the next 10 Deep or something, just if I ever need cash I can just advertise this on Reddit or relatively.

But alright, I thought this was a good design :/

Quote Originally Posted by Danek View Post
    I was thinking of just having this as a part time hobby, not to try to make this the next 10 Deep or something, just if I ever need cash I can just advertise this on Reddit or relatively.

But alright, I thought this was a good design :/
    i´m not aiming on crashing your dreams but starting a clothing line is no part time hobby i´ve seen friends starting some without success and they lost a lot of money and i saw friends winning.
    but you could try selling your t-shirt designs on websites like http://www.spreadshirt.com (they´re quite big) or others sites.
    starting a clothing line or selling some designs are 2 different pair of shoes and you might succeed in selling some designs.
    follow your dreams but don´t rush it.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    i´m not aiming on crashing your dreams but starting a clothing line is no part time hobby i´ve seen friends starting some without success and they lost a lot of money and i saw friends winning.
    but you could try selling your t-shirt designs on websites like http://www.spreadshirt.com (they´re quite big) or others sites.
    starting a clothing line or selling some designs are 2 different pair of shoes and you might succeed in selling some designs.
    follow your dreams but don´t rush it.
    I understand, I suppose I'll start making designs then rather than a clothing line.

It's not much of a dream as it is to DJ and produce music, but I understand where you're coming from, thanks!

Ed Paris nailed it, it's a very hit or miss field and I'd like to emphasize a bit more on the miss side of it...

Practice your designs for a long time, keep public profiles for them, and maybe on another day in the future someone else may really like what you have to offer and anything is possible from there.

do you have a range of designs? if so get them up so people can vote.. mite help you get the answers your looking for

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast