Best software for genres of music
    Tech Convert

Default Best software for genres of music

I see that a lot of people that DJ cannot decide what is the best controller/CDJ there are out there to use. But I think software has been overlooked when people are trying to decide what the best controller/CDJ best fits their needs. So what kind of genre(s) do you guys mix most with and what software works best with each one?

Tech Mentor

Itīs not important which kind of music you want to play. every dj software will play every genre.
    You should try SSL, Traktor Pro and even VDJ. and pick the one which comforts your skills.
    itīs the same question if Mac or PC... on both systems you can dj. and the same for controllers, pick the one that offers enough buttons, knobs, faders, .. for your style..

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

Tech Wizard

I spin mostly house and I use Serato DJ. No complaints here.

Tech Convert

Default straight sound all the way

I think if your confused and undecided on software try both serato and traktor. you should also consider playing straight sound and counting phrases its pretty fun. but if you want to use samples and four decks then use software.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

what software works best with each one?
    The one that works best for you.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by romero717 View Post
    I see that a lot of people that DJ cannot decide what is the best controller/CDJ there are out there to use. But I think software has been overlooked when people are trying to decide what the best controller/CDJ best fits their needs. So what kind of genre(s) do you guys mix most with and what software works best with each one?
    I don't think genre should be such a huge factor unless you're very picky about certain things such as the scratch capability for a hip hop DJ who uses that aspect heavily. I dont know some hip hop Djs i know have mentioned it.

Honestly just test out the software and see what your more comfortable and intuitive with. I ended up going with Traktor Pro simply because it meant more sense for the way i like to DJ. But i made that decision after trying out Serato as well. (i was going for a digital solution)