USB 2.0/USB 3.0 Temp Kext Fix - Macbook Pro 2012 Traktor Issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default USB 2.0/USB 3.0 Temp Kext Fix - Macbook Pro 2012 Traktor Issue

Hi,

Looking for a bit of help.

I was one of the poor souls who bought a macbook as soon as USB 3.0 came about. Not purposely, pure coincidental. With this, for a long time.. Traktor sound cards weren't compatible with USB 3.0 as I'm sure most of you know.

I'm assuming that this is now fixed and are now compatible with USB 3.0?

So I did the kext editor fix to make my Macbook think it was USB 2.0 again, or downgrade it or whatever the kext editor did.

Now that this is an issue of the past, I'm wondering.. How do I revert back to a USB 3.0 again? Because I genuinely haven't got a clue.

I'm running Lion 10.7.5

Any help would be appreciated.
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

Man, hasn't the USB thing been fixed for over a year now?

if your mac came with usb 3.0 hardware and you reverted back to 2.0 (software) theoretically you should be able to revert back to default by updating its driver but i dont know how to do this.
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    Man, hasn't the USB thing been fixed for over a year now?
    Yep. But it's worked perfectly ever since I did it so I had no reason to change it back. I'm upgrading a lot of my hard drives I use to back up and with USB 2.0.. It's slower than trying to crawl backwards through hummus. Especially since I know what USB 3.0 can do.

I wanna upgrade from the X1 too, and I'd rather be using USB 3.0 from the get go.
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

Tech Guru

Didn't you backup your original kext file?

Edit: You could try Apple's Internet Recovery service
    Last edited by makar1; 08-15-2013 at 02:06 PM.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Guru

Download the full combo updater for your OSX version and run it. It includes pretty much every file that has ever been updated between the version you are on and release. Here's a link to 10.8.4's Combo updater: http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1659

Quote Originally Posted by GeekGod View Post
    Download the full combo updater for your OSX version and run it. It includes pretty much every file that has ever been updated between the version you are on and release. Here's a link to 10.8.4's Combo updater: http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1659
    Downloaded the 10.7.5 update that I need (2GB it was).

Will this make the USB slots USB 3 again or just update everything to it's best possible state?

Also, will I need to back up everything, it won't wipe my Mac will it?

Tech Guru

No it won't wipe your mac - it should put everything back the way it should be (USB 3.0).

Default MBP with Numark Omni

Hi

I'm new to the forum in my quest to sort out my problem......

I've just bought a new MacBook Pro (non Retina) and have a Numark Omni Control with Traktor.

Firstly, it seems Numark have not updated there drivers yet for OSX 10.9 Mavericks! I drilled down into the OSX10.8 driver and it seemed to install the .pkg files. The Omni will control Trakotr whilst the internal sound card is used....so I'm thinking the driver worked?? However, when you select the Omni as a sound card it can't find it.....

The MBP has USB3.0 ports, is that my problem? Numark products don't deal to well with USB3 I hear. Can I downgrade one of the USB3 ports to USB2?

I've got a gig on saturday and I'm getting pretty worried!

Default MBP with Numark Omni

Hi

I'm new to the forum in my quest to sort out my problem......

I've just bought a new MacBook Pro (non Retina) and have a Numark Omni Control with Traktor.

Firstly, it seems Numark have not updated there drivers yet for OSX 10.9 Mavericks! I drilled down into the OSX10.8 driver and it seemed to install the .pkg files. The Omni will control Trakotr whilst the internal sound card is used....so I'm thinking the driver worked?? However, when you select the Omni as a sound card it can't find it.....

The MBP has USB3.0 ports, is that my problem? Numark products don't deal to well with USB3 I hear. Can I downgrade one of the USB3 ports to USB2?

I've got a gig on saturday and I'm getting pretty worried!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast