Muting a deck

Thread: Muting a deck

Tech Wizard

Default Muting a deck

Hi guys,

I have a MIDI mapping question (Traktor Pro 1.2.1). I'd like to have a deck muted, as long as I hold a button on my keyboard. How would I do that? All I found was a control for the volume slider. But settings it to zero probably wouldn't work, as I wouldn't be able to "remember" the setting to reset it, as soon as I let go of the key.

Thanks!
    my DJing stuff: http://dj.kiesler.at/

I used to use the "punch" feature in traktor 3, which i miss. I had a play around before and couldn't really think of a way to do this. If you could set the volume amount to 0 with a hold command that would work, but it seems to only have reset, direct, inc, and dec options. There may be a work around tho.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I know you can do this with Bomes, but I'm not sure you can do it in Traktor.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall