Wireless Powered Loudspeakers? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

I've tried using wireless in the low latency range before, it's very audible.

Even the DSP processing on my home audio receiver is audible compared to the analog going into my speakers.

In a stage setup the latency may not matter, but if you have two speakers in the same room, one wired, one wireless and the listener is in between them, it will be very noticeable.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruel View Post
    I've tried using wireless in the low latency range before, it's very audible.

Even the DSP processing on my home audio receiver is audible compared to the analog going into my speakers.

In a stage setup the latency may not matter, but if you have two speakers in the same room, one wired, one wireless and the listener is in between them, it will be very noticeable.
    DSP, any I've heard anyhow have always been in the 20-40ms range... impossible to beatmatch with, being the equivalent of a speaker 20+ feet away.

Latency DOES matter don't get me wrong, but wireless is pretty damn low (considering many people run DJ apps with 10ms+ latency)

If you have 2 speakers in the front of the room wired and 2 at the back wired @ 30ft you are looking at 30ms+-

If you have 2 speakers in the front of the room wired and 2 at the back wireless @ 30ft you are looking at maybe 32-35ms+- most people would not perceive it.

Now if you are talking about 2 stereo speakers left wired and right wireless though then "Houston we have a problem" .

Hi friends.

Resurrecting this 5yo thread to ask if the Sennheiser transmitter + receiver backpack combo is still the most reliable method for wirelessly transmitting audio from my indoor setup to an outdoor cocktail area.

Any thoughts from folks who are actually using this or something similar? Or has there been any advancements in technology over the last 5yrs that I'm not aware of?

I considered the Alto system initially, but got scared off by some negative reviews that mentioned drop-outs, and also by the fact that Alto discontinued their "Pro" system before it ever launched.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    This might be of interest to you ...

http://altoproaudio.com/products/stealth-wireless
    These are a life saver although be careful if you are dealing with thick walls you will probably lose quality or have interference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12