DJ Controllers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DJ Controllers

Tech Wizard

Default DJ Controllers

Ok so soon i am buying myself a MacBook Pro (Probably a 15") and i also want to buy my first dj set up to continue my passion for dance music.

Until now i have just been messing around on Virtual DJ to the stage where i can create mixes that sound good (in my opinion) at least as good as the club DJs where i live (yes i know live is another thing all together but its a start).

So i am looking for a complete set up, all in one if possible, and the following controllers have taken my fancy...

Vestax VCI300 with Serato ITCH
    M-Audio Xponent with Torq
    Reloop Digital Jockey 2 with Traktor LE
    Numark Omni Control with Traktor LE

At the moment i really like the look of Traktor so i think i may go for the reloop but having come on here no one seems to use it. I am looking for a Traktor Pro set up really with a controller like the reloop so i can use effects, scratch etc all in one if possible but that will also not be broken by next year...

I dont really have a budget but around £600 or less would be ideal!

Look forward to your advice...
    Alex

Any reason why you havent looked at the vci-100 ?? Great controller!
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Wizard

I was expecting that after reading this site ha

I guess another option is to go with the Vestax VCI100 + Audio 2 DJ, is the general thought that this is the way to go?

Any problems with bugs, quality etc?

After Ean's 1.3 firmware upgrade and traktor .tsi midi map It's an amazing controller! I've been using one since may and haven't looked back. btw, Traktor Pro will also give you the ability to use with timecode so if you use vinyl it adds another tool in your crate.
    3x sl-1200s, Rane Empath, KP3, Ineko, Serato SL1, TS-Pro, RP10s sub, Event TR8 monitors, Xiosynth, Nano Pad & Kontrol, VCI-100 1.3 djtt, 3x M44g, DT-770, Rp-DJ1200, 13" MBP 4GB 2.26 128GB Corsair P128 Solid State Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by chex View Post
    After Ean's 1.3 firmware upgrade and traktor .tsi midi map It's an amazing controller! I've been using one since may and haven't looked back. btw, Traktor Pro will also give you the ability to use with timecode so if you use vinyl it adds another tool in your crate.
    Traktor Scratch Pro is needed for timecode
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    Any reason why you havent looked at the vci-100 ?? Great controller!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barghy View Post
    I was expecting that after reading this site ha
    THE digital dj controller standard?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Mentor

the vci 100 isnt the industry standard. its the most popular on this site by far.
    go find a local store and start playing with them. keep in mind stuff like size (if you have big hands, a small controller is an issue) fader/knob feels. only issue is, i havnt found a good store that sells gear like this yet (at least in the Brighton area, even up to Crawley...)
    you need to go put hands on before you buy. download demos of the software you are looking at as well. play with them, experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by djalexlaine View Post
    the vci 100 isnt the industry standard. its the most popular on this site by far.
    i know, but i'm optimistic

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Wizard

Well to be honest after looking at this site i am becoming a Vestax fan myself!

The problem with living in the UK is the ridiculous price of shipping stuff over from the US.

MacBook Pro + Vestax VCI100 + Traktor Pro + Audio 2 DJ seems like a winning combination. Downloaded traktor today on the iMac and really liked it, won't get to try the Vestax as where i live there are no 'DJ stores' for miles so will go with the good reviews from this site and get one.

Just out of interest it is worth spending the extra cash on one of the modded controllers from the DTT store? Looking for some decent headphones as well.

Thanks again,
    Alex

Have you considered getting an SCS.3d and an SCS.3m from Stanton? These are my controllers of choice, and I really love them! For a 2 deck setup they have everything you need, and you could even run 4 decks (using the lower two in minimal mode for loops and samples) with just one of each. Hell, I ran 4 decks with just one for awhile. Plus, it's modular and give you chance to space out your purchases and get more down the road.

Plus I've seen the SCS.3d on sale for as low as 99.00 US dollars, which is a steal for this unit.
    DJ Neurotique

Tant qu'y a du noir, y'a d'l'espoir!
    Berurier Noir

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast