Touch Sensitive Jogs
    Tech Mentor

Default Touch Sensitive Jogs

Im in the market for a new controller. Why? Cuz I need touch sensitive jog wheels. What are my options? VCI-100 is too obvious and my faith is not 100% that its the right controller for the job. The Otus seems pretty awesome in theory but its fucking massive!

What Im looking for are

LED push button rotaries
    Touch Sensitive Jog Wheels
    Led Lit buttons

I love the Stanton SCS.1 Series but its big (affordable though), not sure if wheel is touch sensitive

The Otus seems just as great, but no motorized platter, not sure if the wheel is touch sensitive, the kaos pad is stupidly amazing and could compensate for lack of touch sensitive stuff

VCI-100 obviously has the touch sensitive stuff, but thats all it has going for it, needs more knobs (considering 1.2 with the FX additions)

The Xponent is another great option, but build quality is questionable and its big!

Not sure what else is out there, my research so far is turning out to be meaningless. The biggest issue as digital DJ's is that we are competing for real estate space at the DJ booth. The Otus seems to be designed to be placed on top of turntables(not sure about CDJ1000's) The SCS.1 series takes up alot of space.

The VCI seems like the best possible option, but I feel like Im selling myself short only because of the real estate issue.

This is so frustrating
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

You could always buy another controller to go along side the VCI-100 if you need more knobs/rotaries/buttons - your not going to find a perfect controller that does everything you want it to and is still top notch quality.

Tech Mentor

KontrolPro seems to match your requirements and at least thictool is praising it.
    @Twumpy

Tech Mentor

eks xp 10 doesn't have all you need but one goes for 99 Euros at the moment and will buy you another soundcard, if you`re just out for a small gig with minimum gear

as im usin 2 Otus as of last week with traktor 1.2.1 it was a long time ago I had so much fun playing out, gr8 controll over all 4 decks and all 4 efxbanks, yes the wheel is touch sensitive, the only negative thing I can think of is that the gear takes up some room in a booth, and u need an external mixer, other than that the Otus is an exelent piece of gear.

wall of text inc....

I have mappings for channel key and channel filter on each deck/layer, running all efxbanks in advanced mode using the top 8 pots for efx controll and the top outer rotarys as efx selecters and efx on/off.
    The small buttons to the right of the jog I use for loops, like bigger/smaller, move loop ffw/back,on/off, and drop an 8 bar loop,
    Touch buttons r cuejumps.
    the 2 arrow up that u find at the bottom by the lower rotarys I use for loading tracks and duplicating between a and b, and c and d.
    lower rotarys are used for scrolling tru maps and expand/colapse maps on the left side, right side scrolls tracklist and switches browser fullscreen on/off.
    Big wheel is pitchbend on the outer side and scratch(touchsensitive) on the top.
    FFW button to the left under the 2 pots is used for sync when needed.
    Pitchslider is runnin @ 35% and on the lowest setting on my Otus it moves in steps of 0.1%

Thats all I need for 4 deck mixin atm.
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

Tech Mentor

@other 1

followed your recommendation for the eks xps and ordered 3 alongwith an old Ecler. I'm so excited........!!!...

Tech Wizard

if you need more knobs just use modifiers in traktor that is all , you can have as many knobs as you like.
    now you'll wont be able to control all 4 fxs at the same time , but who can control 16 buttons and 16 knobs at the same time ?

go for the vci100 it is the only controller you'll ever need

Tech Mentor

my only beef with modifiers is soft take over, it add another layer to the work flow. Thats why LED Rotaries and Motorized Faders need to be implemented in the next gen of controllers.

Now its just a debate between the VCI or the SCS.3 Series. Just not sure how I feel about not having any knobs or physical sliders. Let alone the accuracy of an all touch sensitive system.
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

if possible try the dascratch before hand, its not for everyone. or buy from a place with a good return policy.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk