Traktor S2/S4 Filter:92 Mapping?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor S2/S4 Filter:92 Mapping?

As all Traktor users know, there are only two filters that can be accessed by the "filter knob." One, the Ladder filter, which has a ton of resonance and sounds really cool sometimes, but is really overpowering when used for mixing purposes as opposed to as FX. Alternatively, the Xone filter has no resonance at all, which is perfect for mixing, but doesn't really function well as FX.

My question is: is there any way to map the S2/S4 so that you can use the Filter:92 (which can normally only be accessed using the FX knobs) using the dedicated filter knob, without taking away the use of all your FX knobs? I'd rather not have to use up one my FX channels just for a filter.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them

There's more than those 2 filters to choose from now BTW.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Was there an update that I missed?

Do you have 2.6.3? There's a Z2 filter now. Why don't you just use the Filter:92 as one of your FX?
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

No I have 2.5.0 for some reason. Where do I download the update? And I currently have Filter:92 as one of my FX, but I would like to use that 3rd FX knob for other things

I would guess you could map the dedicated filter knob to access the Filter:92 effect. You probably need to map modifiers to have more control.

I mean I mapped my filter knob to that effect, but that means that the filter knob also manipulates the FX knob in Traktor. Which I don't want, because that means I can't use it for other things. The update should solve the problem, I just don't know how to get that.

Tech Mentor

I think that you're looking for a way to change between Filter modes, right? I don't think that's possible in traktor, I also tried to do it with the EQs (changing between Z ISO and Xone, maybe) but I think it's impossible, I don't know.

Tech Mentor

To update, go into service center and download the update... or login to your NI account to download it. 2.5.0 is probably at least a year old.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

To prevent your F92 knob to control any of four FX unit parameters you must delete the command which is already assigned to that same knob in your mapping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast